IGNORED

Bike washing - R12RT

JamesB

Recently washed the RT. Due to time constraints, dried it & put it in the garage. (a rag made sure nothing got in the exhaust) A few days later on first ride after washing, a fair amount of water spattered up from the fork area. I am assuming it was trapped by the shrouding for the oil cooler. Is there a drain that I should check to make sure it is open? (don't want pooled water to rust the oil cooler over time) {.....and, yes...the obvious solution is to ride it more or just after washing...but this may not always be practical}

Thanks.

ShovelStrokeEd

The oil cooler is not likely to rust, its aluminum.

The best thing I have found for drying my bikes is a leaf blower. You get double benfits as your bike winds up dry and you can piss off your neighbors without going to the added expense of a Harley.

Thanks...will try the blower.

"corrode" (generic) would have been better than "rust" (specific) -- but still want to make sure there isn't a clogged drain (scupper).

ClearwaterBMW
The best thing I have found for drying my bikes is a leaf blower. You get double benfits as your bike winds up dry and you can piss off your neighbors without going to the added expense of a Harley.

i LOVE the leaf blower/use it every time

greg

ShovelStrokeEd

"corrode" (generic) would have been better than "rust" (specific) -- but still want to make sure there isn't a clogged drain (scupper).

Please take no offense at the correction, I specialize in the picking of nits. The bike would certainly benefit from a scupper or two in that area. So long as you don't hang a spinnaker on the front of the thing in the form of some humongous windscreen. They are made for pulling forward not blocking the wind. grin.gif

but still want to make sure there isn't a clogged drain (scupper).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zailor, zailor!

Thanks, Shovelstroke for the leafblower idea, I actually just bought one and couldn't for the life of me figure out what to use it for (other then pissing of the neighbors).

Jurgen

ShovelStrokeEd

No one who knows me or my bikes would ever accuse me of chrome, or for that matter, washing the damn things. I have better things to do with them.

You can WASH these things!?!?!? If you wash it, are you then required to WAX it??? Sounds like it would take time away from riding to me.

grin.gif

Funny about reading this cause that same thing happened to me and it catches ya off gaurd too, I lifted the shield to my noggin protector to scratch my my nose when all of a sudden SPLASH..I looked around for some kid with a hose or somethang at first thinking im going to send my wife over to beat him up and then all of a sudden it happend again only I saw where it came from this time. I wonder where it is puddling at though caused I looked and didnt really see any place..anyway, thats my story and im sticking to it.

Archived