IGNORED

Hey--Where's the "Official Excited Chatter Thread"????

KMG_365

Well I've decided to get excited starting right now.... I wasn't fully assured that I would get away but the last mare dropped her foal,ding ding ding thats three July foals in a row.I need a break from work, Its tough keeping mares happy... the Emo chicks have gone to the HappyPlace and the Parrots will be under the

Doctors care.

Saturday morning I'ma thinking of starting down the coast and than riding RT.36 east....maybe catch the Feather River east, heck, if I keep going southeast I oughta find Topas Lake before next Monday.

Sure gonna be fun to see old friends and meet some new ones.

skinny_tom (aka boney)

Well it's friday morning and I'm wondering why I didn't handle all these little issues with my bike ahead of time. Of course I changed the oil and adjusted the valves two weeks ago... it's those other things I should have noticed and done then too....

But I'm stoked anyway... 2 days!

It's been so long since I've been to an UN I don't know if I'll remember what to do!!! ;)

And it's been so long since I've seen so many of you - too long! Lisa, Marty, Tank, Brant, Jaqueline, Peter, Doug, Boney... and that's just from this page! But no Kathy :cry:

I'd better stitch up the poor Monkey's tatters and tears and bring him along or nobody'll recognize me... :P

So who is this Russell person Lisa and Marty mentioned??? Maybe he's staying home to wash his bike. :grin:

Laney, it will be great to see you again. Brant, I hope I recognize you, it has been years.

I'm getting REAL EXCITED!!! :clap::clap::clap: Down to a day and half before we pull out AND the best pert of all....... We're getting company tonight!!!! Benicia, CA IS on the way to the UN when you're coming from IL! :grin::clap: Woooo Hoooooo !!!

going to head out tomorrow to yosemite, figured it's better than sitting around at home on the weekend since this UN is so close to me :)

IL . . . IL . . . I wonder who THAT could be?!?!?!?!?! :grin:

Well . . . I just took Maynard out for a short shake down cruise tonight to make sure he's ready to rock and roll tomorrow morning. We were going to be heading out with EagleMike and Geneva, but he came down with a horrible case of stomach illness and is in no shape to ride. RATS! We were looking forward to riding with them again (after a LONG time). We're missing riding with Bill Walker too and it looks like the (infamous) Dry Town Crew is looking pretty scanty of late. :(

We're heading out tomorrow morning. We'll see if we can catch any of Germany's "First Place Loser" World Cup game at 11:30 PDT en route. We've got reservations in Lone Pine tomorrow. We'll have a leisurely ride into Topaz Lake on Sunday . . . we might even arrive a bit early and see if we can find a spot to watch the World Cup final until check-in time! :wave:

I'm sure the denizens of the Harley Bar next door will be GLUED to the tube for THAT one! :rofl:

See you all soon!!! :clap:

Harley Bar next door? First I've hear of it... will have to alter my packing plan to include an old Doo Rag...

Will post again but plan to be out the door tomorrow- early with Caddis and Mrs Caddis and Bronx Cheer in the parade. See you all on Monday.

I can't leave today, I gotta mow the lawn.

Maybe I'll make a run up to Topaz tomorrow to see how long it will take me to get there Monday morning.

MB>

Rolled into the Bristlecone motel in Ely, NV, at about 1:00 (from Grand Junction) with LRider. Hwy 50 from Salina to here was a very interesting road. We enjoyed it quite a bit. Topaz Lake tomorrow. Aside from us, there are two couples here who are UN-bound tomorrow.

It's almost time!! :grin: Since I only live 140 miles away I should be there early Monday. I haven't decided what day rides I'm doing cause they are all so good! I have been on most of the listed roads and they are some of the best motorcycle roads anywhere. Just watch for CHP's and deer.

Dang! Listening to all of you who are getting there the old fashioned way has me jealous. Due to time and distance constraints, I couldn't manage a cross country trip.

I am flying into SF airport tomorrow; Monday I pick up an R12GS from Dubbelju and head out for a leisurely 4 hour run to Topaz Lake. My first UN was last year in New Hampshire; great fun and an easy ride from Boston. Looking forward to some great riding with y'all when I arrive Monday.

Rolled into the Bristlecone motel in Ely, NV, at about 1:00 (from Grand Junction) with LRider. Hwy 50 from Salina to here was a very interesting road. We enjoyed it quite a bit. Topaz Lake tomorrow. Aside from us, there are two couples here who are UN-bound tomorrow.

The Bristlecone, is it nice? That's where I'm staying tomorrow night. See you all sometime Monday afternoon! Oh, and ya'll be careful out there.

The Bristlecone, is it nice? That's where I'm staying tomorrow night. See you all sometime Monday afternoon! Oh, and ya'll be careful out there.

It's clean and friendly. It balances well against Ely, which is a small town. Topaz Lake tomorrow...... :-))

Bill_Walker
We were going to be heading out with EagleMike and Geneva, but he came down with a horrible case of stomach illness and is in no shape to ride. RATS! We were looking forward to riding with them again (after a LONG time). We're missing riding with Bill Walker too and it looks like the (infamous) Dry Town Crew is looking pretty scanty of late. :(

Thanks for the shout out, Jamie. I sure wish I were going with you, for the company, for the ride, and because it would mean my wife was well. I hope Mike feels better soon. I'm counting on you and Les to give all the appropriate Dry-Town hugs for me!

I promise. Next time it's in the west I'll fly in if I have to. Gosh, this is killing me to miss ya'll, let alone the ride in.

My hats off to you all on your adventure. Isn't riding just grand!

Sounds like a few folks are arriving tomorrow.....I may have to make the run up there just to say hello. Any specific plans for lunch or dinner?

Nick, got your msg. Flew in to sfo noon yesterday. Lunch with Tom F/dinner with Thor. Got to hit a car wash today to clean the alaska mud off the bike. Dinner with daughter tonight in marin and head for the UN monday am by a scenic route. Headed for the lost coast after the UN.

I've been excited for weeks but now that I'm loaded and leaving tomorrow I'm stoked.

Heading out and over Sonora Pass first thing in the morning.

It's clean and friendly. It balances well against Ely, which is a small town. Topaz Lake tomorrow...... :-))

Rolled in around 6:30 PST and found a bunch of nice folks gathered around an umbrella chillin' out. I checked in, unpacked, showered 760 miles of grime off my body then joined them. After a brief visit I walked 1/2 block down the street to a nice little Mexican restaurant and got some tacos and a killer margarita. It's a good thing I was walking.....

Aside from my XM radio module going south and then running into a nasty rain storm between Delta and Scipio, UT, all is well.

BTW, the Bristlecone is nice and well priced. I's stay here again.

See ya'll tomorrow!

canadian choo choo train is still on the road,

santa has killed a battery, broke a fuel filler cap, but we have the good fortune of having a tow rope and truck... stay tuned details to follow, we are in lakeview OR and just breaking camp...

canadian choo choo train is still on the road,

santa has killed a battery, broke a fuel filler cap, but we have the good fortune of having a tow rope and truck... stay tuned details to follow, we are in lakeview OR and just breaking camp...

Safe and efficient travel. Let us know when you get to Topaz Lake.

picture shows towtruck and driver... tow up to 15mph let clutch out in 1st gear VAAAArooom....

totruck.jpg

big sky bmw in missoula had the battery and duct tape kept the gas cap down till we could get to Sierra bmw in Reno. all fixed

Archived