IGNORED

K & N Filter 1200

drodg

Has anyone tried a K&N filter on your 1200? There is one listed I think part #1204. A South African sight says it improves the performance. Anyone tried it?

It may clean the air. But I don't think it's going to improve performance.

These bikes breath just fine, I've never heard of an airbox or filter change that did anything to performance.

If you want to improve performance, take the bike to a track and go to school.

I put one on my R12GS. I was not looking for increased performance, I just like don't like to have replace filters all the time and prefer a cleanable filter. My stock paper filter was completely clogged with dirt at 6000 miles. (I ride off road quite a bit). I clean my K&N every 3000 miles when I change my oil. It works just fine and seal is great. It does not allow any dirt or dust past it. I also use a Scotts Performance stainless steel oil filter for the same reason. I have been using cleanable air and oil filters on all my bikes for years with no problems.

Karl,

This am, on speed chanel, show replaced new ford mustang's airfilter with k & n and saw a 10 hp increase (255 hp stock, rear wheel dynometer); then after market muffler was installed which resulted in another 6 hp gain.

K & N looked pretty good on tv !

Wooster w/ k & n in one of three bikes

My advice is to try it and if you don't see a benefit return to the original filter. Some of us are more than happy with this product even in spite of a poorly constituted negative test that made the rounds about a year ago.

Archived