IGNORED

Nav II Plus for R1150R

dwb

Apparently BMW is not currently offering a USA version Navigation II Plus package with mounting accessories for the R1150R? Nav II Plus systems are available for virtually all other R and K bikes produced in this millennium, but not for the Roadster and Rockster. This makes no sense to me. But I’ve checked with several sources and all agree no Nav II Plus for the Roadster.

I’m aware of the various navigation system alternatives to the Nav II Plus. But after doing my research and factoring in recent pricing, rebates and discounts available, I made the Nav II+ buy decision only to be frustrated by lack of availability.

One solution would be to purchase one of the new R1200 models with BMW Navigation installed. smile.gif But I’m actually quite content with my current ride and purchasing the excellent BMW Navigation system is a part of my strategy to remain content for awhile. Also I’d like to see the upcoming R1200R before seriously considering a ride change.

Anyway, this apparent lack of availability of the Nav II+ system for the Roadster/Roackster has to be a screw-up by someone at BMW Motorrad USA. The International website shows an R1150R system. The mounting accessories previously offered for the older Nav II unit are the same used for the Nav II+ so BMW only needs to package the old mounting stuff with the new Nav II Plus unit. Can anyone suggest someone I can contact at BMW Motorrad that might be able to sort this out?

Thanks!

Thanks for the tip. But I was looking for one stop shopping offered by the BMW branded Nav system. At present I’m somewhat disappointed in BMW and their local reps for about three reasons. Maybe I’ll get over it. But I’m currently looking more seriously at 2-wheel options offered by other brands.

I understand about the one stop shopping. I like that too. I don't think you will find any other brand to have the extensive array of equipment that BMW has. Good luck.

Apparently BMW is not currently offering a USA version Navigation II Plus package with mounting accessories for the R1150R? Nav II Plus systems are available for virtually all other R and K bikes produced in this millennium, but not for the Roadster and Rockster. This makes no sense to me. But I’ve checked with several sources and all agree no Nav II Plus for the Roadster.

I’m aware of the various navigation system alternatives to the Nav II Plus. But after doing my research and factoring in recent pricing, rebates and discounts available, I made the Nav II+ buy decision only to be frustrated by lack of availability.

One solution would be to purchase one of the new R1200 models with BMW Navigation installed. smile.gif But I’m actually quite content with my current ride and purchasing the excellent BMW Navigation system is a part of my strategy to remain content for awhile. Also I’d like to see the upcoming R1200R before seriously considering a ride change.

Anyway, this apparent lack of availability of the Nav II+ system for the Roadster/Roackster has to be a screw-up by someone at BMW Motorrad USA. The International website shows an R1150R system. The mounting accessories previously offered for the older Nav II unit are the same used for the Nav II+ so BMW only needs to package the old mounting stuff with the new Nav II Plus unit. Can anyone suggest someone I can contact at BMW Motorrad that might be able to sort this out?

Thanks!

I have just searched the BMW Germany and France websites and they both show the fixing systems separate from the main unit itself.

I you feel the need to change rides out of frustration, I would not blame you.

Archived