IGNORED

Crunch!

oob

Really enjoyed hearing my tail light assembly get pulled into and under the rear fender on the way home. Sent peices flying everywhere and burnt some of the tire. wonder if my extended warranty covers that?

Eeks - sorry about that - I have heard of this happenning before. One good way to avoid it, for future reference, is to tightly loop rubber bands around the two bolts holding the tail light assembly to the bike.

Dang!! frown.gif

I don't know about the coverage, but that is not an uncommon problem with these bikes and it never hurts to give it a go. Seems like on a bike that new there should be no other reason for them to be coming off. dopeslap.gif

You could plead your case and even find a few other accounts here of those plastic nuts not being tightened enough from the factory and the whole assembly coming off and dangling by a wire. eek.gif

Good luck!

One good way to avoid it, for future reference, is to tightly loop rubber bands around the two bolts holding the tail light assembly to the bike.
I forgot about that one. One I meant to add was someone (Cruisin, maybe?) figured out that you can snug them down with a 19mm, 12-point socket and an extension--just remember that they're just plastic! dopeslap.gifgrin.gif

Yikes, one more thing to watch...

Are these bolts on the under-side of the well/fender? Need to check this out when I get home...

-ew

well, bmw s.f. says it will be a warranty thing.

i'm going with the rubber band thing next time! I wonder which bike they are gonna loan/tempt me with while mine's in the shop?

Archived