IGNORED

ST love/hate..

Bry

What a shame people can't see the beauty in this bike, but thats what it's about, if you dont like it dont buy it smile.gif

4. R-ST...It's a fish. Problem is even Aquaman wouldn't want to ride something this fishy.

042.gif That was amusing! but sad and true, it kinda is a fishy lookin beast! smile.gif Maybe I'll name mine trout wink.gif

I guess I have different tastes. I liked the bike, even the lights, when I first saw the pics, and it looks better in real life. Then when I ride at night, I love the lights. I have never seen that much light coming from a bike. It's even better than my 525i, or my new truck. This thing rocks in the dark!

clap.gif

I agree with MChick ... I loved the look of the ST as soon as I saw it on the showroom floor. In my book, the ST is power and beauty ... an elegant design for a sport-touring machine. It looks even better in my garage!! Coming off of an R1200C, which really required more lighting for my comfort when night riding, the ST lights are fantastic!! It's my new starship ... the color combinations are awesome thumbsup.gif

Ginger

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=245249

Seems R1100S riders can be picky too... smile.gif

Dunno about the ALL black tho...

Bry

They are only jealous that the ST will outperform them!

I've never really liked the look of the S myself - clumsy lines of the lower side fairings and flimsy looking screen. Nice back end though! So there you are, everyone has their own tastes!

They are only jealous that the ST will outperform them!

So will the R1200RT! clap.gif BTW I've not been too keen on the ST's styling either, until I rode one at the RA rally in Tenn. Impressive weather protection, very light & nimble and fun to ride. These snooty R1100S riders have no idea what they're missing.

"Then when I ride at night, I love the lights. I have never seen that much light coming from a bike. It's even better than my 525i, or my new truck. This thing rocks in the dark!"

Tell me about it. When I ride in the dark I am amazed at the quality of light this bike provides. It is wide swath and provides the perfect target distance as well. The older I get the less I am able to distiguish things in the dark so when I leave for work in the morning and it is still dark, I really appreciate this all the more. And I have had a number of bikes, all with reported good lighting.

Funny thing is the bike I'm trading in on a new R1200ST has great headlights that many hate the looks of too. A 01' Triumph Speed Triple. I have always appreciated bikes that can be recongnized at a glance for what they are. Ducati 916, Triumph Speed Triple, MV's etc. The ST continues in the competent and distinctive category of motorcycles. I'd hate to blend into the crowd looking like every other Hondasaki out there. thumbsup.gif

I traded my R11S for my ST in April. Personally I think the ST is better looking and certainly outperforms the S in ever respect. At least for the type of riding I do.

Even gas mileage. 49 mpg for the S, 55 mpg for the ST. My S used oil at a much higher rate as well, about a quart for 3000 miles, vs 3/4 qt for 5000 miles.

I wouldn't go back to the S from the ST. I might go for the new R12S when it comes out, but it would have to be radically different from the current S and substantially outperform the ST. I don't see that happening.

Well, I got the chance to demo the ST at the RA in TN. I loved it so much that I came home and bought one. I have an 04 Yamaha R1 so I am pretty finicky but the ST is just great. It is so comfortable and does everything well. My wife is one of those snooty R1100s riders. When we get the low seat for the ST I think she is going to be very surprised by the ST. Guess I will have to ride the R1 a little next week. It is looking lonely sitting in the far corner of the garage.

Archived