IGNORED

Darien sizing... What the heck?

Mike_Thompson

Mike_Thompson

I just received the Darien I purchased last week and I tried it on... OMG!!! how big is this thing supposed to be? Granted, I didn't get the liner, but it's huge! Super huge! Using their sizing chart, I purchased an XXL since I'm slightly larger than a 48 inch chest. When I tried it on (high viz by the way), my wife stood there and laughed at me and then decided to join me in the jacket. We both fit!

Have you guys experienced this phenomenon before? I'm thinking I'll need to return it to the store which is unfortunate since I have a 400 mile ride coming up this weekend.

Help!

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

I have a Roadcrafter, so the sizing is different, but I have found their customer service people to be extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Call them and explain the problem.

No affiliation, but a thrice satisfied customer.

FWIW... The Mrs has a large Darien which fits me ok in the chest but is too short for my arms. I am between a 44 and 46 suit and wear a 46 Roadcrafter one piece. At the RA rally I tried on an XL Darien and was surprised at how much bigger the chest was. The arms fit well but for only being one size different, the XL was quite a bit larger than the large.

Mike_Thompson
Call them and explain the problem.
I've always heard great things about the customer service so when I called in the time from posting to reposting, they're happy to take the jacket back and exchange it, but they would not cover shipping back to the store or returning it to me since I had provided them with my measurements. This kind of sucks since I paid an additional $25 to receive the jacket on Wednesday and I just got it on Thursday. Perhaps I'm already a bit biased? I have ride on Saturday and they'd be more than happy to next day the jacket to me for a cost of $50. They're willing to split the cost of the shipping (not bad) but that's all they can do.

I guess it's a bit frustrating since I went with their sizing chart, paid $25 extra for shipping that arrived a day late, and will have to shell out an additional $25 bucks to correct a sizing problem (or ride without a jacket on Saturday) Can I whine a bit more? bncry.gif

Total cost of the jacket without a liner... $501. dopeslap.gif I think I'm going to return it and pick up something from the local store.

How can I put this politely: you think they should eat the cost of express shipping because you waited until a couple of days before your ride to order a jacket? eek.gif

How can I put this politely: you think they should eat the cost of express shipping because you waited until a couple of days before your ride to order a jacket? eek.gif

Actually it seems to me that he is agravated at using their sizing chart and not having it fit. confused.gif

Archived