IGNORED

Considering a K1200RS 2004 - advice please

Fajah

Gang,

Have spent most of my time on a R1100RT and may have a deal on a 2004 K1200RS fall in my lap, 1900 (that's right nineteen hundred)miles, the bike was purchased in Dec 2003, the gel battery was replace, no other real maintenance.

The guy that is selling it is asking 10K and it seems like a good deal.

Any advice on what to look for on my inspection and test ride?

Thanks,

clap.gif

John,

Make sure you can adjust the clock easily for all the time zones you'll be crossing. grin.gif

Welcome to the dark side. clap.gif

Sounds like a very good price. Leaves you some room for farkles.

Ask owner if ECU recall affected this bike, get proof it was done or get VIN and check.

Just bought one a few weeks ago, its a great bike so far. Had an '01 and it was also supurb. After you get it I predict the sale of a '96 RT!!!

Yup it's a great deal. But the jury's not out on selling the RT until you take the KRS to a rally and ride it at speed in the corners. I noticed the K12RS is great in sweepers but a bit lamer than the RT in twisties. It's hard for me to keep up with an RT turn for turn.

But I love the cruise control, torque, power, self cancelling turn signals, riding position...

I noticed the K12RS is great in sweepers but a bit lamer than the RT in twisties. It's hard for me to keep up with an RT turn for turn.

Shhh........ The dark side of the Dark Side wink.gif

Mt. St. Helen's Windy Ridge road really proves this true. The twins have more grunt down low. Also, the geometry of the K's favors high speed stability, not quick turn-in.

Got the VIN on the bike at the local dealer, where it has been serviced. Called BMW and all "campaigns" were completed in March 04....

Fuel Line

Fuel Pump

Sensor gasket

No others were mentioned....and surprise, surprise it is an 03 bike according to BMW...I will have to check the VIN when I see it this weekend.....drops the value about 1k based on KBB.

Still excited about the bike, and like others have said, will want to hang onto my RT for a while, I love it.

Might use it to get my oldest Son hooked on riding thumbsup.gif

Road the bike today, great bike, the RS is not for me. I have sat on the GT and am sure that would better suit my style of riding.

Thanks for all the input.

Happy trails.

Archived