IGNORED

Best custom seat?

farmerp

I have a new 12RT. About 4 weeks now and 2K loveing it. However I am looking for more support for my backside. As of now I am looking at Russell and Rick Mayer. Thinking of just doing a solo seat for now. Can they use the stock saet heating setup? What would be more comfortable for me 6'4" with 34" inseam? Thanks

This topic crops up frequently, if you search around you can find lots of info.

I've recently got a Russel for my gs adv. Unbeleivable difference. 100 miles used to make my butt numb, now 500 is a walk in the park. Quality is very good. There can be long lead times in getting it built, but they told me up front it would be 2 months.

Russel offers a heated option, i don't know if they'll just incorporate yours. Give them a call.

I don't have any experience with other manufacturers, but each seems to have their supporters and detractors.

My first after-market seat was a Sargent. Good for about 20k then felt like the stocker without the sliding forward part. My present seat is a Rick Mayer. It's been a good seat but, seems to be wearing out (the foam and I've never let the seat get wet!) after about 30k. My next seat will either be a Cee Baily's (I love their shield and their excellent Customer Service) or the lofty Russell, reported to be the absolute very best on the planet and maybe the entire solar system.

I just got the new Corbin for my R1200RT...it feels great...and looks good too....it does sit a little higher...and the heaters will not work with the thumb control.....

Larry

I have a Rick Mayer custom saddle on my 02 RT;

it has over 25k and looks as good as new, altho the foam "seems a littler thinner" I contacted Rick on Monday, he told me that my seat prob needed to be adjusted, and that he had some new foam he wanted to use. Total cost: $20.50 ( for return shipping and handling) works for me!!

btw-Rick also just finished the 2005 IRON BUTT RALLY-

so he knows what we want and need

Russell incorporated the stock heat pads working off the stock controls for the seat they built for my R1200RT this summer. It's my second Russell seat and makes a big difference in the comfort.

Archived