IGNORED

R1159 RT; Bar Backs

cris nitro

cris nitro

I just recently purchased a set of bar backs for my 1150RT from a fellow bmwst'r. No problems, good price, bolted right up. They feel much better than without, but I have a problem. When I turn the bars full lock left, the brake hose is stretched. I can see it, feel it and hear the tension on the hose. Now, I don't often turn the bars full lock, except in a parking lot and the like, but I am seriously concerned about the damage to the hydraulic line. Any ideas, or comments besides the obvious, remove them or buy a longer line?

As you indicated, you rarely turn that full lock, and when doing so in the parking lot, so I must assume very low speed if even going fast enough to balalnce without foot down. I'd say just be aware of this and ride, be careful when making those tight turns, be mindful of this 'limitation' you have imposed, and (did I say this already) ride.

BTW - I have the same bar backs on my bike, and have used this approach for 5 years without a single concern.

cris nitro

I did check the routing, but it is routed as best as it is gonna be. One thing I did learn, however is that I can lock my steering with the bars full lock RIGHT! If I couldn't, the the bar backs were coming off as this put constant pressure on the hose.

Thanks for the replies, I will keep them on and just keep an eye on the brake hose.

Cris

Archived