IGNORED

Will someone please shoot (metaphorically) Ralph Sheheen?

EffBee

The Speed coverage of the Miller WSB event was some of the most stupid, ignorant, misinformed, ill-timed, aggravating, infuriating, pedantic drivel I've ever had to endure. He wound up to a crescendo and came within a gnat's eyelash of yelling, "They're off" as the riders left for their warmup/sighting lap. It went downhill from there. He either works incredibly cheap, or he has pictures of someone with a doberman and two small goats.

What a joke. And that's spelled with a capital F.

Paul Mihalka

Full agreement. I turned the volume down and almost didn't listen, just watched the race. Not very exciting this time. Troy Corser must be the best first lap racer of the group. From row 4 ends up second or third at end of lap one. This time he held on a bit longer but still fades toward the end. What's happening????

Biaggi is real good and had some luck...

I was thinking exactly the same thing as I watched the first race a few hours ago. I'll watch the second tomorrow.

I normally am not a huge fan of the regular announcers, but after today, I love them! Fortunately, I usually record the race on the DVR and then watch it that way. So I did not have to listen to two hours of that...that....that...person, didn't want to call him an announcer.

I agree that if BMW could get their tires to last longer, Corser would be running every race. The guy can launch that bike and fight to the front nearly every time. Any chance we can petition for the number of laps to be cut in half?

motoguy128

Any chance the other riders aren't slower... they are simpy using using a tire management strategy? Maybe their traction control is set-up a little softer to control tire wear better.

It would be interesting if you could compare for example GPS tracked lap times and see where he's gaining time. Is it faster corner speed, later braking or faster acceleration out of corners with a higher top speed on the straights.

James Clark
Full agreement. I turned the volume down and almost didn't listen, just watched the race. Not very exciting this time. Troy Corser must be the best first lap racer of the group. From row 4 ends up second or third at end of lap one. This time he held on a bit longer but still fades toward the end. What's happening????

You can only hide so much nitrous inside the frame. :grin:

Back to the OP - Ralph Sheheen and the Speed TV directors are crap. That's why I download the Eurosport or BBC coverage.

Antimatter
Koop,You got a link for those downloads. Thanks

Ditto. I hate Speed's coverage. They have the uncanny ability to break away for a commercial right before a major pass or on the next to last lap :mad:

The Speed coverage of the Miller WSB event was some of the most stupid, ignorant, misinformed, ill-timed, aggravating, infuriating, pedantic drivel I've ever had to endure.
Oh come now, you've been hanging around this board for years...

Have you tried watching a supercross with Sheheen and Emig announcing? "Mute" buttons are a must have. Talk about babblers.

The "odd couple" is listening to Sheheen and Russell. It's almost like a worn out tape player that speeds up incessantly and then drags to a stop.

Koop,You got a link for those downloads. Thanks

I download from Racing Underground. It's a torrent (file sharing) site. You'll get a certificate error warning - I can vouch for the site. I've been using it for two years and so have my pals without any issues.

Take a look and see what you think. I'll be on a road trip for the next two weeks, PM me if you're interested and I'll get you an invite code. The site address is:

https://www.racing-underground.com/index.ru

Archived