IGNORED

The most boring 5 minute vid on youtube...my first GoPro video

John Ranalletta

John Ranalletta

The HD Pro arrived today and I couldn't wait to try it. Easy to set up and mount (notice the safety string in the video). The low position makes speeds seem higher than they actually are. I think I'm going to like this.

This video isn't very interesting unless you want to glimpse Shovelstroke Ed's old Blackbird; or at least a small part of it.

skinny_tom (aka boney)

I like the sisal twine addition. Is that a tether? (oops, you answered that already!) Picture quality was good, but I didn't get an HD option from YouTube.

John Ranalletta

David...don't know. Unpacked and mounted it and that's what I got.

Boney. Ya...I'm thinking of starting a moto accessories shop selling twine. It's a belts and suspenders approach. When I bought my first GPS, it fell off the bike and tumbled down the road on the first ride. Those memories make a lasting impression.

John Ranalletta

David - looking at the kit, I used the water proof cover which probably filtered out the wind noise; however, I never exceeded 45 mph on that short ride.

The non-waterproof lid has two large openings. I'll try with that cover and compare.

John Ranalletta

Wheelies? Are you kidding. I occasionally do the unplanned stoppie, but no wheelies.

John Ranalletta

Boney...tried the trial version of Adobe, but it pulled my Thinkpad to its knees. Used Sony's Vegas Movie Studio to create this one-minute video to test the GoPro on the GS.

Not to change the subject but the GoPro Hero for helmets is currently on sale at Costco for $100. Item #5099960. That's a pretty good price, right?

John Ranalletta

If it's the HD Helmet Hero, it's a very good buy, but I doubt that's it. The wrist Hero (non HD) is $100 on the web. Need to know which model is at Costco.

So, you rode through my neighborhood, past my house...and didn't stop? Oh yeah, I was at your house at the time looking for you! :eek:

John Ranalletta

Dood...

I was by there again this morning testing the GoPro on the Duc. Didn't see your ride.

I'm liking this GoPro stuff; and, I really like the Cyberlink Powerdirector editing s/w. Neat, fast and easy. Just remember to tighten the nuts on the GoPro mount or you get lots of looking down stuff. (see attachment)

BTW, happy birthday!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: You guys are all catching up.

5073.jpg.ab7f50073cf0d5c3cd1934dc66978ee4.jpg

skinny_tom (aka boney)

Good stuff John.

I use Adobe mostly because it came with some stuff I bought. I've tried Vegas and I'm not a fan of the interface. But then it may be just because I'm used to Premiere.

Archived