IGNORED

The things you run in to.

ltljohn

I am doing the 36K service so I decided to put on the metal QD fittings while I had the tank off. I noticed the clamps on one of them were not stock. As I was taking off the clamps I found some writing.....

880190837_h2CYT-S-0.jpg

My take on it is that the hose is not meant to be used as a high pressure injection conduit.

Should be just fine for use as a normal fuel line.

FYI -

Fuel injection hose for external routing has an SAE 30R9 rating for continuous & pressurized flow use. This is not the same rubber fuel hose as used on carbureted applications.

Fuel injection hose for in-tank (immersion) use has an SAE 30R10 rating which contains a special compound called fluoroelastomer (FKM), which resists fuel permeation and retards aging.

FYI -

Fuel injection hose for external routing has an SAE 30R9 rating for continuous & pressurized flow use. This is not the same rubber fuel hose as used on carbureted applications.

Fuel injection hose for in-tank (immersion) use has an SAE 30R10 rating which contains a special compound called fluoroelastomer (FKM), which resists fuel permeation and retards aging.

Phil, you almost sound like you know what you are talking about!

Yeah I kinda do don't I. Just like our politicians ;)!

I actually garnered this info when looking for replacement inside tank hoses for the RT.

Archived