IGNORED

49er Rally this coming weekend!

JR356

I'll be there fitting folks for earplugs.

Anyone in the area should stop by and visit for a bit.

Look for the K12RS with the Uni-Go trailer.

Al Schibi

I think this is the only BMW rally that you have to have a BMW to attend ,,What a bunch of snobs,,,Besides,I'm from AZ and am boycotting Calif....

cali_beemer
I think this is the only BMW rally that you have to have a BMW to attend ,,What a bunch of snobs,,,Besides,I'm from AZ and am boycotting Calif....

I have boycotted this for years (even when I had a BMW). The snobby attitude of having to own a BMW is ridiculous. The price to enter just for a day is even more insane.

I'd better not catch ya ridin' up 395 to the UN...I'll throw a rock at ya...

:grin:

MB>

I'd better not catch ya ridin' up 395 to the UN...I'll throw a rock at ya...

:grin:

MB>

:rofl:
beemerman2k

I enjoyed a life changing time at the 49r rally back in 2005. I toured Yosemite on the way to the site, and the next day I rode the Sonora Pass (Rt 108) all the way up pass 9000', then on to Lake Tahoe, then on to Los Angeles -- a 700+ mile day of some spectacular riding and scenery:

I'll never forget that weekend for as long as I live :thumbsup:

757583133_3gWdd-L.jpg

Over loooking Yosemite Valley

757582897_BFWWj-L.jpg

Camp site in Sonora, CA, site of the 49'r rally

757583072_HSt8z-L.jpg

Way up past 9000' on the Sonora Pass (Tioga Pass, which I wanted to see, was closed due to snow -- and this is Memorial Day weekend 2005!)

757583104_rM2BB-L.jpg

Lake Tahoe, CA looking south at the mountains I just rode through

Danny caddyshack Noonan

rode the Sonora Pass (Rt 108) all the way up pass 9000', then on to Lake Tahoe,

Agreed. Was planning a lap of Tahoe tomorrow. That's dead with snow and rain stuck in the basin.

It's Happy Burger in Mariposa for lunch.

cali_beemer
rode the Sonora Pass (Rt 108) all the way up pass 9000', then on to Lake Tahoe,

Agreed. Was planning a lap of Tahoe tomorrow. That's dead with snow and rain stuck in the basin.

It's Happy Burger in Mariposa for lunch.

Yeah, this long rain season is really F'ing up riding this year. Even my boating season is getting screwed. I should be basking in 90 degree weather on the lake or riding the Sierra passes right now. Hurry up mother nature! Although it is suppose to start warming up this weekend. Mid 80's!

Firefight911
I should be basking in 90 degree weather on the lake

Dude, I know you! You really didn't just say that did you!?!? For the lub of jebus, think of the children man!! AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cali_beemer
I should be basking in 90 degree weather on the lake

Dude, I know you! You really didn't just say that did you!?!? For the lub of jebus, think of the children man!! AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C'mon, I aint talking about modeling speedo's or even a borat mankini type of basking........I wouldnt inflict that type of punishment on my worst enemy. Although I suppose a G-string might look good on me........ :wave:

I have boycotted this for years (even when I had a BMW). The snobby attitude of having to own a BMW is ridiculous. The price to enter just for a day is even more insane.

There were quite a few non-BMW bikes on site, including Jim's Honda (who rode with me from Santa Ynez). Should you ever go, stop in at the Mariposa Micro Brewery tasting room, conveniently located just outside the parking lot/entry gate. What started as a short tasting ended up taking the better part of three hours.

cali_beemer

There were quite a few non-BMW bikes on site, including Jim's Honda (who rode with me from Santa Ynez). Should you ever go, stop in at the Mariposa Micro Brewery tasting room, conveniently located just outside the parking lot/entry gate. What started as a short tasting ended up taking the better part of three hours.

You can have a non BMW there, but they must be sponsored by a BMW rider. Another one of the goofiest things I have ever heard of. I have never been to a rally of any kind that has such arogance. Even if I had wanted to go, since I dont currently ride a BMW, I would have to be sonsored. So, the 12 BMW's I have owned doesnt qualify me.......LOL...how ridiculous. OF course the idea of drinking beer on a motorcycle ride is another thing that has me perplexed. Not saying all that are there drink while they ride since some camp there. Its jsut that drinking and riding is above all else, my golden rule on things not to do (even a few sips or a single beer, I dont care!) and I see so many people do this regardless of the brand or style they ride....

You can have a non BMW there, but they must be sponsored by a BMW rider. Another one of the goofiest things I have ever heard of. I have never been to a rally of any kind that has such arogance. Even if I had wanted to go, since I dont currently ride a BMW, I would have to be sonsored. So, the 12 BMW's I have owned doesnt qualify me.......LOL...how ridiculous. '

OF course the idea of drinking beer on a motorcycle ride is another thing that has me perplexed. Not saying all that are there drink while they ride since some camp there. Its just that drinking and riding is above all else, my golden rule on things not to do (even a few sips or a single beer, I don't care!) and I see so many people do this regardless of the brand or style they ride....

+1

Of course, when the bikes are parked for the night.... :grin:

You can have a non BMW there, but they must be sponsored by a BMW rider. Another one of the goofiest things I have ever heard of. I have never been to a rally of any kind that has such arogance. Even if I had wanted to go, since I dont currently ride a BMW, I would have to be sonsored. So, the 12 BMW's I have owned doesnt qualify me.......LOL...how ridiculous. '

OF course the idea of drinking beer on a motorcycle ride is another thing that has me perplexed. Not saying all that are there drink while they ride since some camp there. Its just that drinking and riding is above all else, my golden rule on things not to do (even a few sips or a single beer, I don't care!) and I see so many people do this regardless of the brand or style they ride....

+1

Of course, when the bikes are parked for the night.... :grin:

Indeed the bikes were all parked and we walked over to the brewery. I couldn't agree more about not mixing drinking and driving/riding. Funny thing about the evening; a couple of us (new found friends) enthusiasically relived our experiences sailing/racing for the bulk of the time. This was hardly about drinking but enjoying the beer tasting/ talking to the owners about the different beers/ and spending time with great people you otherwise never would have met.

Archived