IGNORED

Wind blocker for cooler weather

pfb

I ‘m looking to round out my gear as the weather gets cooler in the northeast. I bought my first textile jacket back in May, a BMW 3 phase jacket. I also purchased an Aerostich electric vest. So far so good with this setup. Previous to the textile I had been using my trusty Firstgear leather jacket. I noticed on a recent ride that the vest wasn’t quite as warm as it was under the leather. It was pointed out to me that the textile doesn’t keep much wind out. dopeslap.gif Anyhow, Does anyone have suggestions

For a wind blocker under a textile jacket. Would you go with a fleece type or a thinner shirt type ?

Thanks

Peter

I rode this weekend about 1200 miles. Started the days in mid to upper 30's, still in mid to upper 40's by 11:30am or so. I have a Wider vest, which works okay but I find it to be bulky under my coat. And, when I wear the elec vest, my arms are cold, unless I pile on more shirts etc, which compounds the bulkiness problem. I bought a WindStopper fleece type shirt/jacket which works like a charm. In fact, yesterday coming home, in the temps cited earlier, I wore a long sleeve t-shirt, the Windstopper, and my rain liner under my FirstGear jacket and I was actually almost hot. I took off the rain liner half way home and finished the ride very comfortably and without the bulky elec vest. Others may say to buy what Aerostitch offers in elecs. If interested, check your local sporting goods store, or Cabela's catalog. Think I paid right at $90 for the WindStopper. FWIW. Good Luck!

Jerry Johnston

I've worn a light rain jacket under the textile jack, it breaks the coolness and I also wear a vest or sweater under the rain jacket.

Archived