IGNORED

need tires in St. George, UT

Joe G

Carl, Ray and I made it to Kanab, where Ray's Z6's corded. Limped into St. George, where the FJR dealership won't open until Tuesday 9 AM. The tire will not make it into Lost Wages, 100 miles down the road. Can anyone help us with some new skins for an '07 FJR?

Rr = 180/55 17 and fr. = 120/70 17.

We have some used PRII's (for R1200RT, what bike is this?) with a fair bit of tread left on them in SLC, but I'm not seeing a way to make them work for you. If you have a way to bring the wheel to SLC we can mount a used tire for you (No-Mar). But weather into SLC looks like it will deteriorate. I can't recommend having one of you ride into town. There are also several sources of new tires in SLC that usually have RT sizes in stock. Cycle Gear is usually a good bet. They also mount if your bring a wheel. Good Luck and let us know if there is anything we can do.

Ray's bike is the one in need of tires. It's a 2007 Yamaha FJR. The rear is 180/55 17, and the front is 120/70 17. It's overcast and Very windy here in Saint George, so Yeah, slabbing it up the 15 may be out of the question.

It was fun breaking bread with you Friday evening at the Capital Reef. Thanks.

Forgot about the time change. Cycle Gear in LV is open for ten more minutes tonight. Suggest you call them and see what they have if you think you can get the wheel to them.

Ray's bike is the one in need of tires. It's a 2007 Yamaha FJR. The rear is 180/55 17, and the front is 120/70 17. It's overcast and Very windy here in Saint George, so Yeah, slabbing it up the 15 may be out of the question.

It was fun breaking bread with you Friday evening at the Capital Reef. Thanks.

I believe those are the same sizes as ours.

Looks like it's going to be a rental car into Lost Wages, a tire from either Cycle Gear or Motorcycle Tire Center, back to SG and then mounted by a shop in town.

Thanks for your replies and help, Jan. I hope I can do the same for you some day.

Peace and love.

Motorcycle Tire Center in Las Vegas had Uniroyal Tiger Paws in stock in the sizes needed for the '07 FJR, and Pro Cycle Racing here in Saint George is mounting the tires as I type. We'll be back up on the road tomorrow. My thanks to Carl and Jan for their assistance. The oonly downside is that we won't make it to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.

For the search engine:

Motorcycle Tire Center

2116 E. Charleston Blvd.

Las Vegas, NV 89104

702-382-8824

open 7 days a week...2 miles easat of I-41 @ Exit 41

Pro Cycle Racing

204 Playa Della Rosita

St. George, UT 84780

435-673-2444

Uniroyal Tiger Paws for motorcycles????????????????????

I was thinking the same thing Paul.

:D I think someone's trying to haver some fun after an otherwise trying experience. :D

Ballentine.

Now there's a beer.

Once bought a 12 pack for $2.99

Came with a $3.00 rebate :thumbsup:

They ran out of those quick enough.

Archived