IGNORED

Good Underwear

SiamJim

Can someone recommend a good brand of underwear? I've been logging some long days in really hot and humid weather and I can't live with myself when I get to the room at night. My wife almost threw up when I got home last time and took off my jacket. I was expecting a big hug and kiss and instead almost got a face full of vomit. eek.gif

I'm looking for something that wicks away moisture, dries quickly under mesh, and doesn't cost $100 for a tee shirt.

Any suggestions, especially anything I can buy on-line?

I've been wearing the Under Armor LOOSE-FIT heat gear this summer in both long and short sleeves. Sold online at LLBean, Cabelas, and others. I also wear thigh-length REI knitted mesh underwear available online from REI in Seattle. I live in the DC area and it's almost a swamp.

-RickP.

As already suggested, UnderArmor is good, Dry Duke is good,

and there are lots of others you'll find with a brief (pun intended) search on the web.

Shouldn't cost more than $35-$40 bucks for a teeshirt or undies, and probably be less; I think I paid $22 at a rally for the Dry Duke.

I have both of the above brands; they work quite well.

P.S. post pics of your rides when you can; sounds like a great place to tour! (except for the heat crazy.gif)

The under armor are good, but kinda pricey. Go to Kohl's department store and get the Russell Dri-Power shirts. They cost $15 and are every bit as good as the under armors. I purchased both shirts and compared them not only on the bike, but under my bullet-proof vest in 100 degree heat. In addition to wicking moisture just as well, the Russell shirts don't wear out as quickly as the under armors.

Regards,

Rick

I found some items even cheaper at Target. Getting down so low in price though that it doesn't matter. You don't have to pay a lot for this stuff, unless paying a lot means something to you. Good luck. Us here in the mid west could probably lend you some items for your hot riding! Envious, YES!

I like to wear these:

Mmmm, sporty. I used to wear these eek.gif but they didn't have enough support and chaffed my nether region terribly.

576098-a553zz.jpg.843993762ec7234104e7eb33d1dc5549.jpg

Guys,

Thanks for all the good info. I'll be buying some of these items and giving them some thorough field testing.

Regarding talcum powder, it's an essential part of my life in this region, even when not riding. You should see the section in the grocery store where they sell powder, it's huge and not just for babies and women. There are a multitude of very masculine men's brands like Turbo and Buckskin eek.gif Powder is a huge help, but not enough on it's own to fight off SiamJim's B.O. on an 11-hour ride.

Here's a link: http://www.magellans.com/store/catalog

I've been using their underware for years. The quick dry feature is a real plus. REI (http://www.rei.com/category/4501405.htm) also has good stuff - their ex-officio (at least in the past) brand has no seams in the seat which adds to comfort in hot weather. I'll be in Chaing Mai next Feb (12th to 14th) riding with some friends. If you feel like getting together leave a message at the Riverview Lodge.

who gave you permission to use MY picture? greg
Some of us might wonder what that picture would be doing in your possession? blush.gif It is a free world, but do the children you treat know you keep one of these in your possession, mmmmm? tongue.gif Better yet, their parents. dopeslap.gif Don't worry, we won't tell, sure we won't. smirk.gif
ClearwaterBMW

good grief

that picture was taken from an ATTACHMENT of a post 2 posts above mine from SiamJim

someone attached a photo because he didn't know how to post it here....

you must be thinking of "Michael Jackson Pediatrics" at the NEVERLAND RANCH

smile.gif

greg

Archived