IGNORED

Am I paranoid??

pigtrotters

Am I getting paranoid or something???

I bought my RT12 to enjoy and forget the woes of the world.

Now I find myself wondering If I have the right oil in it (mineral or whatever....), the right tyres on it (do they sing?)

What’s the oil level?

The temperature outside??

Should I start the bike with the headlight on or off???

Is the seat too high????

How will I charge the battery???

Do my indicators have water in them???

How’s my AM reception???

Are the splines on my shaft drive lubricated???

Does it backfire???

Are my spangers blowing up?????????

Is the left hand reverse thread toggle switch operating properly??

GUYS........ SINCE BUYING THE BIKE, I’VE BECOME A NERVOUS WRECK!!!!!

Now instead of riding the thing, I spend 2 hours checking it out before I pull out of the driveway, and that doesn’t include the time I spend running to the garage to check my bike against the latest posted topic.

I need counselling just to push the start button!!!!

........... Or am I paranoid about being paranoid?????????

Sorry guys.... I just get on the thing and ride it. I Add 5 degrees to the temp gauge, don’t give a stuff about the tyre pressure being 1 psi out of range, fill the tank when it flashes at me and enjoy the breeze.

If I worry about the sun fading the bar ends, I just ride faster and that seems to fix it.

Having said that..... I guess I’ll still read the forums to see if my back wheel will fall off any time soon, though if I miss a day on the forums..... Well, I just won’t worry about it.

Remember , it’s not the destination, it’s the ride that counts.

(Hang on ...... what that noise???)

R. clap.gif

Pheasants make me paranoid eek.gifeek.gif [ just ask George or Boffin !! ]........ they seem to line me up as a target !!

Steve

Some of it is just getting used to a new system. Some of it is that we long for the days that autos/motorcycles had "Character." It took a special ritual just to get them started. You had Status riding it because it wouldn't even run for others. Not so much challenge just turning the key. So, it's important to have things to worry about just to keep it Interesting. wink.gif

Archived