IGNORED

R1200RT Reflective Sticker Kit

Satguy

Just thought I would pass along a few pix. of a product that I like. I had a similar kit on my R1150RT and now just finished installing reflective stickers on my 1200RT.

The kit is available from MotoEquip but not posted on their web site just yet. Email them for more info etc.

Both of these pix. were taken on a sunny day, so the camera flash did not quite show the full effect. The kit consists of pre cut black 3M self stick reflective film, that reflects white.

Normal daylight

39303048-M.jpg

Normal daylight with camera flash to show reflective properties

39303015-M.jpg

In a word, NO Problems!!

There is another thread on the hyper lights here .. I think a few others have put them on the 1200RT with no problems.

I get lots of comments from others behind me saying how bright that are, so apparently they are doing their job.

I wrote to MotoEquip and received the following info:

>>R1200RT Saddlebag Kits:

There are two kits for the R1200RT. The first is a Full Kit, which has reflective pieces for all of the rear-facing sections of your saddlebags, including the painted lids. All pieces are black reflective, which turns bright white when headlights hit it. The Part Number is RK-15. The price is $29.95 plus

$2.99 shipping for a total of $32.94.

The second kit is just for the inside parts of the saddlebags. This is for those people who don't want to put black reflective pieces on their painted lids. NOTE: The reflective will not hurt the paint and comes off with a heat gun, just like it does on the rest of the saddlebag, but some people just don't want to put stuff on their painted lids. Part number is RK-14. The price is

$24.95 plus $2.99 shipping for a total of $27.94.

R1200RT Trunk Kits:

For the 28-Liter trunk (the smaller one), the part number is RK-16.

For the 49-Liter trunk, the part number is RK-17.

The price for either kit is $19.95 plus $2.99 shipping for a total of $22.94.<<

Info is not on the website yet so have to be ordered by snail mail.

Archived