IGNORED

Aux Lighting

ezymount

I am getting a fairly large number of requests for Aux Light Brackets for the 1200RT...

Suprises me, thought the new headlamp system was fairly good..?

What do you new owners think ? confused.gif

I am getting a fairly large number of requests for Aux Light Brackets for the 1200RT...

Somewhere around here there has already been a discussion of this. A point I made on that thread is that the R12RT lights are very good, but they have a dark area (call it black) in the left and right foreground that can be really annoying on a dark, curvey road. I plan to install PIAA 1100s as soon as I can find a good mounting kit. They light up the sides of the road and the near distance in front of the bike and should fill in the blank spots very effectively.

R12RT lights are very good, but they have a dark area (call it black) in the left and right foreground that can be really annoying on a dark, curvey road. I plan to install PIAA 1100s as soon as I can find a good mounting kit. They light up the sides of the road and the near distance in front of the bike and should fill in the blank spots very effectively.

Ditto! grin.gif

My under-nose brackets will carry the 1100PX and 004XT lights. The 004XT's will more than satisfy the needs noted in your replies to my questions. Not enough room for anything else... Same concept I have used on previous RT's, the LT's and the GL1800's... Thanks a lot for the feedback... clap.gif

Will not be a light bar, but will be 2-brackets that will mount inside fairing area..

Nothing on our web site yet.. still in test-fit phase of design work...

• 2 months later...
Will not be a light bar, but will be 2-brackets that will mount inside fairing area..

Nothing on our web site yet.. still in test-fit phase of design work...

Did you ever complete your plan for a PIAA mounting kit for the R12RT? Did I miss it? I don't see it on your website.

They could light the road like the landing lights on a jumbo jet and BMW riders would still complain and want more! grin.gif

Hell, I have two sets of lights on my 12GS and I thought the stockers weren't that bad! grin.gif

Jim cool.gif

Wunderlich already has lights that mount under the nose... YOu can check the catalog for the 1200rt.... I will be holding out for a light bar or something like the EMP for my 12rt

Check out the picture of the 1200 RT-P on this site at the Long Beach MC show. I'm looking at the mounts that hold the radar unit under the mirrors. They can be modified I'm sure,to accept 910's or as in my case HID's. All I need is the connection to the bike ands resulting exit thru the tupperware. My local dealer says as of 12-14 he has no build or parts info yet on the 2006 RT-P but should shortly.

Check out the picture of the 1200 RT-P on this site at the Long Beach MC show. I'm looking at the mounts that hold the radar unit under the mirrors. They can be modified I'm sure,to accept 910's or as in my case HID's. All I need is the connection to the bike ands resulting exit thru the tupperware. My local dealer says as of 12-14 he has no build or parts info yet on the 2006 RT-P but should shortly.

Me too.. If you look under teh mirror area, there are holes already drilled in the fairing stay.. looks like the RTP bracket was part of the original design, and may only require some minor suregery to install... Once we find the part numbers..

Archived