IGNORED

Can you identify this part (electrical connector spring clip - R1100RT)

SWB

Attached are two pictures. The first picture shows the (right) throttlebody on my 2001 R1100RT. It has an electrical connector with a retaining spring (wire) clip). The second shows the clip alone. The same clip connectors the eletrical connector on the top of Air Box. The local BMW dealer cannot find a part number for this clip.

Can anyone out their find a part number for this? I'm guessing that either (a) I have to buy the entire connector, or even the harnass, or (b) it's so common a part I might be able to pick one up at a BMW Auto dealership.

Thanks.. Scott

574497-throttlebody.JPG.b0490f2c3bc3930420a52af97efdd881.JPG

Joe Frickin' Friday
Can anyone out their find a part number for this? I'm guessing that either (a) I have to buy the entire connector, or even the harnass, or (b) it's so common a part I might be able to pick one up at a BMW Auto dealership.

You're looking at the fuel injector's electrical connector; the little wire piece is the retention clip, and I'll bet it's not sold separately from the connector.

I think it's an industry-standard connector; you might try the electrical department of your local auto parts store and see if it's on the rack there. Probably not more than $5-$10 if it's there.

I found one at a local dealer in the scrap bin. Never did find a definitive part number on either the spring clip or connector. I will NEVER lose it again. wink.gif

Thanks.. all.

Scott

Archived