IGNORED

Essential to carry

GelStra

Looking for your collective experience as to what to ALWAYS carry with you in daily riding in So. Cal. I have a 12GS with a few nooks and crannies to store ESSENTIALS ONLY. Thanks in advance.

cell phone. a few tubeless tire snakes w/tools. spare bulbs, and very small air comoressor.

No bulbs but: Ear plugs and/or iPod, credit card and I plan on getting an air compressor

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the board!

If you are talking about day-to-day in town commuting, I carry very little. In most cases if you break down, it's just easier (and safer) to have the bike towed. I have on our 12GS the Touratech under rack tail bag and I think right now I have in it: a small flashlight, a folding multi-function tool, a 'big foot' plate for soft ground, pen and paper (for emergency info exchange), tire pressure gage, spare set of earplugs, my insurance and roadside assistance cards (in a waterproof bag). I also carry on the bike in the top case a small first-aid kit (including sun screen)and assorted tie on clinch straps.

Now if you are talking long distance riding where there is a serious possibility of being stranded for a long period of time a long ways from anything, that is a whole different (and longer!) list!

Hi Paul and welcome to the group,

It looks like you've been hazed enough already...which is a good thing...it meens your accepted. clap.gif

I use my GS like a pack mule sometimes around town and I usually keep the full luggage group on the bike. I run all my errands and commute to work daily especially with the gas prices these days. bncry.gif

I really don't carry to much for day rides in or away from town. My wallet goes in the tank bag with a few protein bars and a couple bottles of water along with the CD player and a few maps. I go up to the local mountains every weekend so I toss in a pair of long underware and winter gloves if I'm coming home late. A leatherman and a small can of Plexus and microfiber cloth for the face shield. I do carry my cellphone but I also carry my Ham radio HT because that always works in the mountains where as the cell service sucks up there.

I guess I have the storage capacity for a bunch of shiznit with the luggage and more pockets than anyone should own with the Ralley suit but I try to carry lite.

IF you don't have the luggage group to carry a few things, may I suggest a tank bag and a tail bag. I bought both of mine from Marsee Unless your going on a trip that would be all you need for around town or day rides.

You will get a feel for what you need to carry depending on what "your" needs are along the way.

Hi Paul and welcome to the group,

It looks like you've been hazed enough already...which is a good thing...it meens your accepted.

I think we might have scared him off. blush.gif Looks like some good advice given by some. Welcome aboard! thumbsup.gif
tatu2.jpg

Don't forget to drill some holes in your side or top case, so the little guy can breathe.

What is Mr. Roarke's (Ricardo Montalban) favorite m&m's?

De plain, de plain...

prod_shot.gif

tatu2.jpg

Don't forget to drill some holes in your side or top case, so the little guy can breathe.

He doesn't need to breathe... he's dead.

Thanks for the real advice. It looks like I'm on the right track as I have just about everything you've mentioned in my under-tail & handlebar bag. Added cable ties, elect. tape, a section of duct tape, and a smattering of torx heads. I carry them daily because I'm too lazy to add them before a recreational ride. Besides, who knows when the spirit will move me...on a long ride! Thanks again.

Archived