IGNORED

Paint Protection System

ChrisRappl

I love the way the R1200RT saddlebags look painted to match. I'm worried that I'll end up with boot scuffs that won't rub out. I ordered the InvsiGard plastic film kit. Does anyone have any experience with this company or its product?

I love the way the R1200RT saddlebags look painted to match. I'm worried that I'll end up with boot scuffs that won't rub out. I ordered the InvsiGard plastic film kit. Does anyone have any experience with this company or its product?

There is a clear film intended for this purpose, made by 3M that a friend put on the bags of his Honda ST1300. Hardly noticeable, but seems to work very well. It has the limitiation that it cannot conform to extreme curvatures, so that means spending a bit of time cutting it into sections, but that is not such a big deal.

If there is any interest, someone should email me (look in my profile) and I'll find out what he used and post it here.

Bob.

I installed the invisiguard on my 2003 RT's fairing. Not too difficult (my installation was near perfect...a few little items out of alignment but no big wrinkles..etc). The luggage kit should be a breeze to install by comparison.

On a curved surface you'll have to carefully and consistently stretch the material to get a good fit

(involves squeeging, re-lifing, spraing then squeeging again...repeating until the amount of stretch is ideal).

Archived