IGNORED

R1200RT temperature display

Mebyon_Kernow

Mebyon_Kernow

Does anyone know how to change the air temperature display on a USA spec model to Centigrade instead of Fahrenheit?

Thanks

Tony....

Why bother with the changeover. The reading isnt a true indication of the outside temperature.

My question is "Will there ever be a fix"

Just ride up into Canada, up here they read in celcius.

I think they get the signal from the same satellite that changes the clock when you travel into different time zones. smile.gif

Does anyone know how to change the air temperature display on a USA spec model to Centigrade instead of Fahrenheit?

GSes don't have temp displays, but I did have the dealer change my clock from 12- to 24-hour. I would bet that the same page would access the temp function on a 12RT.

Ask them to go to CIP (Control-Initialisation-Programming), then CKM (Car and Key Memory) ... that page would be the one where it could be changed.

Mebyon_Kernow

GSes don't have temp displays, but I did have the dealer change my clock from 12- to 24-hour. I would bet that the same page would access the temp function on a 12RT.

Ask them to go to CIP (Control-Initialisation-Programming), then CKM (Car and Key Memory) ... that page would be the one where it could be changed.

Thanks for the useful tip Matt, I will also ask the dealer to change the clock to 24HR.

BTW, I read some time ago that there are only two countries left that have still not gone metric - USA and Liberia!

Tony....

Archived