IGNORED

Emergency warning light switch.

Larry

I have a R1100RT. I would like to replace the hazard warning flasher switch with a R1150RT switch, which is illuminated . Not long ago I had to make a quick stop on a dark country road with small shoulder. Even knowing the location of the switch, it is difficult to find during an emergency at night. My question is can the R1100RT switch be replaced with the R1150RT illuminated switch.

ShovelStrokeEd

Yeah but, you won't have the wires for the light. I'm sure you can find some inside the housing that will work. I don't have the schematics handy but someone will. You want switched 12v and return. Should be in there someplace.

DavidEBSmith

On the heated handgrip switch right next to it, the green /yellow or green/something dark (I can't read the diagram too well, it could be black or blue) wire is +12V switched with the ignition switch. On the flasher switch the brown is ground.

I added marker lights to my dash switches by sticking a red LED in a short piece of metal tubing, sticking 4 fiber optic filaments in the other end of the tube, running the free ends of the filaments out through the gaps at the top corners of the switches, and hooking up the power as above.

[hijack]

Isn't it funny, different strokes for different folks - I found the red light so annoying on our R1150RT I cut the wire to that light!

[/hijack]

Archived