IGNORED

wilbers r1200rt pricing?

ebuzzmiller

hello all - curious, what does a full boat wilbers setup cost for the 12RT? Trying to decide whether to go ESA (which you can only get if you buy a bike with that crap stereo) or save cash and go wilbers.

thanks!

The basic rear - rebound adjustable, preload adjustable with spanner is a little over $500. Add remote preload - like the stocker - add $211. Add adjustable compression damping (which is very cool, independent high speed and low speed), you now have a total of close to $1000.....

I just got these prices from Klaus at Wilbers a few days ago. I did not price the front. The Wilbers are each custom built for your weight and riding style. I was in on a group buy on the FJR forum, and saved over 20%, as we had a HUGE group order. The rear on the FJR was a great improvement.

I went in to the showroom with the service manager, at the 600 mile service. The ESA did not offer any more adjustment on rebound than the standard suspension. He dialed it all the up, and bounced on the rack, on an ESA bike. As close as we could tell, it was the same as my non-ESA bike. There are a couple of companies supposedly working on ESA replacement shocks........

all the best,

Mike

it does seem like a bit of a waste if you are getting the same crappy suspension with ESA but just an electric button to adjust it. i mean, how often are you going to adjust it anyway? I usually ride one up without tons of luggage.

i'm starting to think that ESA is a waste of time and Wilbers is the smart move......plus I live in NY so I could always hop over to Jersey and have them install the stuff....

Noob here, where in NJ?

Having only previously owned sport bikes with good suspension, I am pretty happy with the different settings on my ESA equipped R1200RT. I change modes between Normal and Sport frequently as I ride, Comfort is useless. When I hit some straight sections, I go to Normal, as soon as some twisties appear, if I'm in a fairly aggressive mood, I dial in the Sport mode. The suspension tightens up quite a lot, but again it's still a compromise without dialing in the correct springs for my weight.

Archived