IGNORED

1150 RT BRAKE UPGRADE

TWEETY BYRD

HELP: Does anyone know of an aftermarket front brake upgrade for my non abs 2002 1150 rt? Brembo? To replace rotors and pads is about $600 at shop so would spend more to upgrade front brake.The seperate brake system has revealed that the front brakes on this bike are not real strong for its weight. bob

russell_bynum

Bob,

I'm assuming you stayed with stock rotors/pads/calipers when you did the servoABS-ectomy on the bike.

If that's the case, then I'd look into some good aftermarket pads like the EBC HH pads. EBC (or Galfer, or someone) might make a replacement rotor that might help, but I'm not sure.

Give the folks at http://www.cyclebrakes.com/ a call and they can probably help you out. I went through them when I put Stainless lines on Lisa's R1100RS and they were very helpful.

HELP: Does anyone know of an aftermarket front brake upgrade for my non abs 2002 1150 rt? Brembo? To replace rotors and pads is about $600 at shop so would spend more to upgrade front brake.The seperate brake system has revealed that the front brakes on this bike are not real strong for its weight. bob

You might have a problem with master cylinder size. I'd be surprised if swept area of the rotor is smaller than previous, un-boosted RT's.

Interesting delima...I at some point may be doing the same servo-rotomy when the bike is out of warrant AND exhibits issues.

Archived