IGNORED

I Swear!!

TN_R_Girl

Had the day off today and was running errands in my cage ...

In the course of little over 2 hours, I watched two cars completely run two separaate 4-way stops (not just slow up and blow through ... flat out run through them at full speed :eek: ) and two other cars blow around buses that were stopped even though the sight line was obstructed due to a rise in the roadway. :P

I kept thinking that if there'd been a motorcycle anywhere in those scenarios, somebody would be dead ... and of course it wouldn't be the idiots driving. :S

It's early in the riding season for most of us ... just a reminder to be careful out there. :Cool:

It's hard to comprehend sometimes isn't it?

If I'm going to be invisible then I want permission to use a paint ball gun.

...If I'm going to be invisible then I want permission to use a paint ball gun.

Speaking of invisible, do you know about the invisible man marrying the invisible woman ? They had a good life but their kids weren't much to look at.

On topic, some drivers (and some riders !) should be banned from motorized vehicles; maybe pedal powered only.

Wooster

and people give me a hard time for wearing a one piece Hi Viz suit this time of year. But, i always say to them "you saw me coming, didn't you?" Usually makes them stop and think.

Willing to bet the stop sign runners probably had a cell phone planted in their ear.

That was the weird thing Bob ... it didn't look like it ... which I think makes it even scarier :eek:

Willing to bet the stop sign runners probably had a cell phone planted in their ear.

That was the weird thing Bob ... it didn't look like it ... which I think makes it even scarier :eek:

At the end of our hilly, curvy, residential, 25 mph street, is a 3-way stop. Folk on the through path routinely run the stop at 40 to 50 mph.

I think there are a number of factors at play. We have an increasing number of drivers from other countries that have very different expectations about traffic flow and rules, and I don't really know what driver ed they have. We have a growing number of folk who think speed limits are for revenue generation, that cite absurd slogans, and view traffic laws as, at best, an infringement on their God Given Rights, and at worst as an anti-social plot. We have a "me" first society. On top of all that, something funny happens when folk get behind the wheel of a car. Cell phones add to the lot, but are not required for bad driving.

I think you are observing a break down in the social order.

[At the end of our hilly, curvy, residential, 25 mph street, is a 3-way stop. Folk on the through path routinely run the stop at 40 to 50 mph.

Sit on your bike on the other side of the intersection and point a hair dryer at them as they go by.

[At the end of our hilly, curvy, residential, 25 mph street, is a 3-way stop. Folk on the through path routinely run the stop at 40 to 50 mph.

Sit on your bike on the other side of the intersection and point a hair dryer at them as they go by.

Jim, that's a great idea! :wave:

Bill_Walker

Our parents were right! Rock-and-roll really WAS/IS devil music that causes the breakdown of morals! :grin:

Our parents were right! Rock-and-roll really WAS/IS devil music that causes the breakdown of morals! :grin:

OMG, and here I thought it was talk radio!

Mount a couple on the tupperware like James Bond and I'm in.

Strangely, the word "vigilante" pops into my noggin. But I opened the door to let it back out again. :grin:

Video Killed The Radio Star

"We can't rewind, we've gone too far..."

It's hard to comprehend sometimes isn't it?

I want a vapor-ray or a rocket launcher, maybe both. However, much like my horn, I would probably be too slow to deploy these devices in the heat of. . . the moment. :P

"We can't rewind, we've gone too far..."

It'll be 2012 soon enough though :rofl:

Otherwise, we're just gonna have to get used to being chewed up in traffic. I do kind of like the idea that Aerostitch has I think. Something akin to a yellow card in soccer. You can hand them to bad drivers at stoplights and such or put them on the parked cars of asshats...

CoarsegoldKid

Why just last week me and buddy riding around in the foothills came across a fellow without cell phone driving on county roads in the left(on coming) lane around blind corners and weaving lane to lane like he did it everyday cause it was his driveway. Franz was a head of me and I couldn't tell him to back off so I did. If any vehicle came around the bend there would have been a death. Scary part is someday I may be coming around the bend. I wish we could have retroactive abortion.

I picked up my bike today after service, and, having the morning off, decided to put a few miles on the fresh stuff. A gorgeous day, sun shining, low 70's, perfect conditions.

Wife drops me off, I pay my dues, gear up and pick a radio station. I head out to the keys of St. Armands and Lido. Traffic is fairly light for spring break, I'm thinking. The view is great, the light breeze off the Gulf, awesome.

Then the idiots show up. In the course of 1 mile, 1 stinking mile!, I had 3 cages try to flatten me. WTF!

A BMW Z4 with the top down and cellphone attached changes lanes from right to left with me close enough to take her cell if I wasn't busy swerving and gassing it. When I blew the horn, she actually looked to her right!

A 7 series BMW looking straight at me and vice versa (with my fog lights blazing) at the roundabout pulls right out and forces me to grab brakes and dive thru an unused parking space to avoid another meeting. Horn is getting a workout today. :eek:

So, after realizing this was a bad place to go, I head back towards the bridge and a Buick decides I don't actually need to drive on the road and takes both lanes and a bit of a parking space to make a right turn. I brake hard, swing sharp right and gas it to pass it. :mad:

Now, I don't normally speed but I kept it over the posted limit to keep myself in front of the feeble-minded until US41 was taking me south to an out of town escape road drive.

Apparently it's open season on two-wheelers. I should have read the paper, I guess.

I decided paintballs guns were inadequate. I want machine guns or lasers or Hellfire missiles!

Handsfree type?

It's not the holding of the cell phone that creates the distraction/inattentiveness, it’s the conversation.

Had the day off today and was running errands in my cage ...

In the course of little over 2 hours, I watched two cars completely run two separaate 4-way stops (not just slow up and blow through ... flat out run through them at full speed :eek: ) and two other cars blow around buses that were stopped even though the sight line was obstructed due to a rise in the roadway. :P

I kept thinking that if there'd been a motorcycle anywhere in those scenarios, somebody would be dead ... and of course it wouldn't be the idiots driving. :S

It's early in the riding season for most of us ... just a reminder to be careful out there. :Cool:

I watched from behind, a p/u truck force a guy on a Honda sportbike into the center lane on TN 70 in Mt. Juliet yesterday. the truck was int he right-hand west-bound lane, the bike passed him in the left-hand west-bound lane and the truck just came over. I heard horns, yells, etc....but the guy just kept on coming over...never corrected his error (if I did that to someone, I'd pull back to the right out of embarassment if nothing else) Makes one wonder if it was intentional.

It's early in the season...nice weather is finally here, all the bikes are out but the 4-wheeled population are still asleep/in winter driving mode.

I want Sharks with Lazer beams . . .oh wait. .

I've wanted to rig up the paint ball gun gizmo for years now. I wish someone would develop a remote mounting device with a remote trigger.

I was push over to the curb yesterday, honking my loud horn the whole way. Elderly woman driving, didn't even realize what she did. I guess she felt like she had seniority. She was with it enough to turn right on red when I pulled up next to her at the next light though.

Several have said it, we need to ride like we're invisible.

I know many HATE modulators - but one thing I notice about them is that I ALWAYS SEE THOSE BIKES. I just might have to get one.

CoarsegoldKid

boy, am I corrupt by that logic- which many in this country believe

Archived