IGNORED

Two Bros v. Staintune v. ?

Deaner

What does each sound like? And any recomendations on others not listed... Anyone from the Denver area with an exhaust upgrade on an 1100RT or similar? It seems like quite an investment not knowing the end result.

I've heard alot about staintune but the Two Brothers is alot less expensive. I met a guy this weekend who put Two Bros on his GS and loved the sound.

Thanks,

Dean

The staintune is a nice deep sound. The Two Bros has to be repacked every 10K or so, not my kind of fun. I have a Remus exhaust with the cat. eliminator (Y pipe) and REALLY like the sound. It also pulls a little faster through the midrange RPM's. One thing, you will have to get used to some "popping" on deceleration (or even a back fire or two). But I think it is worth it. Enjoy. thumbsup.gif

I don't know if this works on an RT, but on an R1150R, you can just pull the muffler to gain a deeper sound. You can put on a $5 exhaust tip as a temporary (or permanent) measure while you are deciding about the sound. It is much cheaper than a replacement muffler, and takes just a few minutes to try. Of course, this does not do anything about the cat converter.

ShovelStrokeEd

Why would you need, or want, to do anything about the cat converter? It offers, if its healthy, no restriction to the flow. There is no HP to be gained and only a minor, percentage wise weight reduction. The down side is more pollution. BTW, when you dump the cat, you no longer need the O2 sensor so you might as well dump that nad the cat code plug as well.

My Staintune has an insert. Put it in, and the sound is just a wee bit more than stock. Take it out and it sounds (in my opinion) very nice. Sort of like a Guzzi or Ducati.( as I am told by others with more knowledge). I have a friend who has a Two Bros. Pipe and it is too loud for me. I have also put in a potentiometer; took off the cat, and removed the CCP. BOY did that make a difference in Bonbon's behavior, to the good!

My GS came with a 2-Bros pipe, and the stocker in a box. The bike only had 3.5K on the odometer, so the pipe had even less than that. It was so loud that I removed after a week and put the stock pipe back on. Sheesh! It was ridiculous.

If I were interested in burning some bucks, I'd get a Staintune with their Cat eliminator, but I currently have other uses for my money.

... but I currently have other uses for my money.

I figured Staintune was the route. If it will be then I will save my pennies a bit longer and get A set of Ohlins instead.

... but I currently have other uses for my money.

I figured Staintune was the route. If it will be then I will save my pennies a bit longer and get A set of Ohlins instead.

Better route is the 2-bros thru pipe and a VFR muffler. That's what I'm doing as soon as I find a VFR muffler.

M

Archived