IGNORED

RS Tankbag

belga1976

I just received my RS tankbag. It came with 2 straps. Now how do you secure the tankbag?

My bag is secured using a strip of super velcro attached to the bag and bike. The strip should've come with the bag, but you can buy the strips at Radio Shack.

Aluminum_Butt

Mine came with a set of straps that makes the bag convert into a "backpack".

However, to attach it to the bike, it came with three things:

1. A ~4" metal bar and 2 screws. To install, you remove the seat and take out the bottom two tank screws. The bar wraps around the tank, and sits out of site underneath the seat. The replacement screws are slightly longer than the stock ones to accomodate the bar.

2. A strap assembly about 4" wide with (2) female connectors. This slides on the metal bar in #1 BEFORE the bar is installed. The female connectors extend up above the seat, and tie into the male connectors on the bottom of the tank bag.

3. A second strap assembly with (2) female connectors and some industrial velcro. You attach the base piece of velcro to the vertical part at the front of the tank. The strap assembly attaches to that, then the female connectors tie to the male connectors at the front of the tank bag.

This explanation seems really complicated for something that is so simple, but I didn't know how else to explain. dopeslap.gif PM if you need pictures.

Archived