IGNORED

How to revitalize (soften) Corbin seat underside rubber bumpers?

eakins

bought a used corbin. the seat uses rubber round bumbers (that are riveted in place) to hold the position of the seat. the rubber on these is older/drier/harder and wonder what i can do to soften them. they can't be removed, except for complete seat breakdown, so i'm looking for something to do in place. any techniques or chemicals to accomplish this?

thanks,

bill

Hummmm, we may not be comparing apples to apples, but on the Corbin pillion seat on our GS I replaced the bumpers with taller ones to change Donna's seat angle a bit. I just drilled out the rivets on the old ones and RTV cemented the new taller ones in place. The RT's seat construction might be different though.

on the rt the rubber bumber are like fat donuts with a rivit through the middle to hold em in place. on the inside of the base pan are washer the rivit go through for added stregnth. because of the the foam needs to be removed to get to the washer when putting new rivits in. because of such i'm hopping to revitalize the rubber washers in place. i was hopping for a solvent or something that would soften the rubber, but not destroy it. i guess i could heat it with a hair drier and see what heat does. any other ideas?

Archived