IGNORED

substitute oil filter

Ariene

has anyone found a substitute for the 11 42 7673 541 ?

I am looking very hard and will report what I find.

R27 R65 R1100RSE R1200ST

Don't bother. This is covered in some detail on the IBMWR site.

Bob.

Around here the filter was about 15 bucks. I spent the better part of this past Sat morning on this quest and came up empty-handed. I even visited several different parts stores to 'eye-ball' different filters to get a close match, but didn't find anything satisfactory. If you do find something, please put it up here.

WHY?

While my bike is under warranty, I will always use the BMW oil filter. I really don't want to give BMW any reason to question a warranty claim IF a problem does arise.

They are $18 Canadian for the last one I bought, I don't have the time to go looking for cheap alternatives.

Let's see...change oil every 6k/'bout 6 times per year. Could save maybe $25 every year. Nah, I'll order 12 more from chibmw/no gas used that way. Wonder how much gas I would use trying to save the $25? dopeslap.gif

agree with using the bmw filter. still under warranty and i feel better using it. actually made bmw daytona an offer if i bought half dozen. think i saved a couple bucks.

Marty...only time i'll do six oil changes/year is if i own 2-3 motos (or retire--yeah-retire) . still breaking in that gs for me?

Pricing wasn't the issue as greatly as the availability. The last time I checked, neither of the relatively close BMW shops had a filter for the RT. Carrying a spare is great for a long trip, but having a second line resource as a substitute for emergencies is even better.

Archived