IGNORED

Mounting Wilbers Shocks on an R1200GS

Emoto

Threw some shocks on a couple of weeks ago and finally got around to putting up a quick page about it. Enjoy!

wilbers.html

P.S. I used HMarc's excellent site for the torque values posted. HMarc, if you object, I will dig the numbers out of my manual and post them in lieu of your spiffy little table.

I had mine mounted at dealer but lowered bike 2" and really satisfied with the result. It allows me to ride the 1200GS even though Im only 5'6"

Jovial Henry

I am glad to hear of the success. I bought Wilbers a couple years ago for my rt and they were not set up correctly. I had to dissasemble them and set them up correctly. I am considering a 12gs and I will want to lower it 2" also. I do like the wilbers and want to go that way. Henry

I've put the Ohlins on mine, and I'm very satisfied with the result.

I had Ohlins on my R1100RS and thought they were outstanding. I was going to get Ohlins for the GS, but since I required a spring slightly stiffer than standard, I would have had to wait a long time. At first it was supposed to be 3 weeks, but at the end of three weeks I was told it might be another 3 weeks or a month but they really couldn't be sure!!!??? eek.gif So I said "no thanks" and went with the Wilbers. No regrets. clap.gif

Archived