IGNORED

Harsh front end on R12RT

drodg

I have a question on my R12RT, at highway speeds at 65-70mph, I'll hit like bumps that are bigger than tar strips especially on cement highway. I feel like I am getting way to much jolt in the front end I don't notice it in the rest of the bike. I Had a R11Rt and I can't remember it being like that. I don't seem to notice it at lower speeds on say bumpy country roads. I run about 36psi in the front tire. Anyone else notice this or is this normal?

My RT has the ESA and I notice this also when it is set on the Comfort setting, which because of these jolts, I hardly ever use.

The suspension absorbs the bump, but for some reason, passes this back as a sharp vibration to the handlebars.

At first I thought the forks were using their full travel but this doesn't appear to be the situation.

I'm sure you have more miles on your R12RT than I, but I run 36 in the front and have not felt what you describe from bumps or rough pavement on the highway.

I'm sure you have more miles on your R12RT than I, but I run 36 in the front and have not felt what you describe from bumps or rough pavement on the highway.

im with him ..i have not felt that...i weigh 145....36psi in front also...

It's weird it is only at interstate speeds 65-75. I road yesterday and kept it on the normal setting and didn't seem to notice it as much or at all. I am going to watch the setting better to see if I notice any difference.

I'm no expert, but I once stayed at a Holiday Inn.

I think what y'all are experiencing is normal for the telever/paralever suspension. The front sort of rolls over the bumps, instead through them. It definately feels different than front forks, but it is also the reason the RT has such a good "feel" of the road.

My 1300 probably soaks up small irregularties better, but does not give me the same feeling the RT does.

The front of the R12RT definitely is different. I also think the feel I get (sometimes almost harsh on bumps) it is due to the design. I watched the front "forks" sliding up and down some today, while on the freeway. The shock and linkage could be set up to be a little softer, but I was amazed how much the sliders were moving.

all the best,

Mike

Archived