IGNORED

windshield recommendations

upflying

I am going to be riding through the winter cold and rain (if there is such a thing in California)and I am looking for a windshield recommendation.

I looked at the CeeBailey and Aeroflow websites but the cuts, heights and widths are confusing. I am 6', 200# and ride on a stock seat on my RT-P.

I would like something that I can see over the top of the screen yet have my glasses, body and face protected from the 65 mph blast of cold, wind and rain.

I normally wear a an open face Shoei RJ-Air style helmet.

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated.

too old to care

When we lived in West Texas, we found the stock windshield lacking in protection. We added an Aeroflow, which helped immensely. It kept the wind off our backs better, we did not have to ride with it up so high, and it was wider to also protect our shoulders. Even the strong spring winds did not cause any buffeting.

Although I'm just 5'10", I have a very tall "sitting height" so am probably similar to you. I'm using a CB #2 at +4 1/2 high and +2 wide. Works great. I keep in fairly low to look over the top and it stays in a very sloped condition as opposed to the very vertical position when it is up. Only in really bad rain do I raise it all the way. Only disadvantage is in the summer, I could use more airflow.

I'm 6' and put the Aeroflow on my R11RT. What a great change over the stocker. No more do I have a need for ear plugs as it it so quiet, and the protection is great. I look over the top of it. You do get some "aeropush' from the rear when the shield is at full height and at freeway speeds. I think my only wish would be that it had an openable louver for use in real hot conditions to let air in. I have to lower it down when in town on hot days...oh well crazy.gif

Winter in CA, OH POOR BABY! Come live in the mid-west or northern states!

Seriously, you have a lot of choices. If you have friends with your model bike, with replacement windscreens, try to talk them into letting you ride their bike to answer your questions. Best way to find out is to try them out, otherwise you are taking pot luck with opinions from this site. Not that opinions are of no value, just better info comes from personal experience. Good Luck!

Bob, I have a Cee Bailey's +2 1/2" on my '99RT.I mostly leave it all the down and look over the top. I'm 5'10".This August I went on a 3k trip tO Nova Scotia and swapped that shield for a Cee Bailey's sportshield due to the heat ( 100F and way humid ).It gave plenty of air but some turbulence-I wear earplugs and was happy with the trade off.I recently cut my old stock BMW shield down to the top of the fairing ( very short-in an arc).It gives great airflow and less turbulence than the sportshield. Less protection but in the summer who cares? I wear a full face HJC which keeps the rain off.

Bob, I am currently testing for Aeroflow for the R1200RT and should have another to test tomorrow. I had never tried an aftermarket windscreen before but am very pleased with the test one so far. It will be a good investment. Call Paige at 888-237-6777 and he will help over the phone as to which of his screens would fit you best. Good Luck.

Bob, you and I are about the same size ('cept I got about 15 more lbs on ya'). I have the Aeroflow and have it set about 1/4-1/3 of the way up and it's perfect. I can see over the top of the screen and the windflow gets sent up to the top of my helmet.

Sent you a PM.

Archived