IGNORED

Un route is done and dusted !

philbytx

We finally decided on going directly to Torrey and spending 4 nights the Chuckwagon, before continuing on to the Un.

Would appreciate any insights/suggestions into good ride routes in the area with about 250/300 mile days being ideal.

Sorry, no dual sport stuff either. Well, at the moment anyway ;)

Thanks to everyone for all your help and ideas.

Please put aside one day for Killer's Cathedral Valley Tundra Tour, I'm sure many people will recommend it. Unfortunately at that time of year I cannot guarantee bad weather...

There is surprisingly little civilization between Texas and Utah (or at either end some would say). We can get a variety of micro-brews here but not much imported goodness, Guinness being the exception.

Bill_Walker
Please put aside one day for Killer's Cathedral Valley Tundra Tour, I'm sure many people will recommend it. Unfortunately at that time of year I cannot guarantee bad weather...

Yes, it's not to be missed, even if you don't have any motorcycles to follow or bad weather. You get to see all the great sights you'd see on a dual-sport ride with virtually no danger of broken bones.

John Ranalletta
Bob, is this a route you've recorded? My wife and I will be in the area mid June, 2-up on our '02 GS and that sounds very good.

I haven't recorded it - assuming you mean GPS which I don't use. It's not hard to find however except for one section at the end which wouldn't be any fun 2 up on a GS and can be avoided, though that would be a pity. Know that there are some very soft sandy sections of the road in Cathedral Valley, just ask Twisties!

Apart from days when England are playing in the World Cup I will be happy to take the Tundra out there with you.

Current known dates are 6/12 (USA), 6/18 and 6/23

Archived