IGNORED

BMW Performance Center on road motorcycle class

I took their one day on road class (they don't seem to offer the two day any more) and definitely got my moneys worth. The instructor to student ratio was 2:1, I was the student, the only student :clap:. Everyone seemed to have chickened out due to the weather, :P. It was misting or raining almost the entire day. BUT....I gained so much confidence while performing the high speed maneuvers in the rain it made up for the misery. Even in the rain I can lift the rear wheel of the bike in a panic stop. Actually on one of the higher speed stops, from ~60mph, I was told the rear lifted off the ground three times. and I had felt it too. Love that ABS for keeping the rear wheel in the rear. So a good class to take. Different set of skills compared to MSF advanced but less than a track day. And if it rains, You'll be the only one.

I do have a question. I find it much easier to make a slow speed right turn than a left. Is it me or also the rotational motion of the engine that helps. I remember hearing something about single engine prop fighter aircraft being able to turn tighter in one direction than the other due to the spin of their engine and prop.

And I got to drive an x5 diesel. the engine was impressive for a 3.5 liter (litre for those elsewhere). But I found myself feeling disconnected from the vehicle. Strange thing about the electronic shifter (in the center console) and my brain. When I was told it was electronic, I pushed it forward because I wanted to go forward :eek:. It don't work that way, silly me. I don't like it.

motorman587

I did their 4 hour class in October and love it. I disagree with evasive exercise where they told us to pull in the clutch and coast through swerve.

I like my left cause I am left handed. Very normal for people to favor one side or the other. Just means you need to practice on the week side.

I disagree with evasive exercise where they told us to pull in the clutch and coast through swerve...

I remember that exercise from our class together, and still practice it from time to time. I was not aware of any controversy with it. What evasive strategy do you recommend?

Jay

Archived