IGNORED

Engine shudder when brakes applied - 1200 RT

Tourbike

When I apply the brakes using the front control, the engine shudders. I hear the servo and the engine shudders or gets rough.. This occurs when I'm not moving. Today, I tested to see if the engine shudder also happens on actual braking. When I applied the brakes, I felt a vibration which disappeared when I released the front brake control. My 1200RT has 3000 miles.

I noticed the other thread on vibration with braking and wonder if this is the source of the problem. I'm hoping some of you with 1200RTs will test your bike to see if yours doea the same. It's quite obvious when you apply the brakes when stopped.

I will be sure to check that. I have noticed the nose on the thing seems to bounce up a lot more once I let the brakes off like when a stop light. I have not got it entirely figured out yet, but will soon. Well, I might figure out what is happening,, never how to fix it or if needs to be fixed.

I wonder if the shudder is due to the servo causing increased electrical load on the alternator which then maked the engine shudder.

I have noticed this too. Not sure if mine feels like a shudder but you hear the engine drop revs a bit when the brakes are applied. Not noticible as much while moving but noticible when stopped and the engine idling like you mentioned.

Rich

When your moving, it's much harder to feel, I agree. But, I applied the brakes, in a place where other traffic was not an issue, and released them several times before I stopped to see if the vibration disappeard. It was only present when braking.

It sure sounds like what you said, a big draw on the electrical system cutting some power to the spark coils or injectors or both.

Rich

Archived