IGNORED

Anybody else got this Warning from BMW ???

Francois_Dumas

Francois_Dumas

Last week I got a letter from BMW..... and I've been wondering ever since if it was distributed world-wide?

It is about the flaw in the braking system... that they are admitting to in that letter and warning RT owners of.

The way they intended it to sound (and the way I tend to understand it), it is not 'common' enough to happen for them to recall the bikes and/or change anything.

It all goes back to what Oprah was writing about all this time.... (although he might not have struck the right tone, he DID have a point, as is proven now by BMW themselves wink.gif). It is about the integrated braking system 'giving up' after repeatedly (5 or 6 times within minutes?) using the ABS on extreme ('training course' they call it) circumstances.

The reason I am curious is that I don't remember to have seen anything written about it here..... but I might have missed it, since I haven't been so active lately.

Best regards from Holland,

Francois

Ah okay, that must mean that I haven't been around for a month or so then blush.gifcrazy.gif Sorry.....

From the descriptions of the problem that I have read, I have never ridden and probably never will ride in a manner that would duplicate this "fault." I have filed this warning under "Ain't no big deal."

Francois_Dumas

Yup, me too. But a little 'careless' nonetheless. Don't these guys have Beta Testers ?? tongue.gifwink.gif

I never saw a notice for my bike. But, considering how much money they spent under warranty, FIXING my brakes, they probably didn't want to waist anymore paper on me. frown.gif

However, considering there have been some threads of late desrcibing the "failure" of the servos, I think BMW may need to do more than line our mail boxes with butt protectors (their butts that is). tongue.gif

I never get these notices. I didn't get the one about the fuel connectors, either. Maybe because I bought my RT used from an individual. Does anyone know how to let BMW know about transferred ownership?

I got one, this was years after they ansewered my letter about brake failure in stutter bumps. bmw's letter said I didnt know how to brake or am an idiot or something like that.I had pointed out that I survived 30 + years of desert racing but alas no braking skills was my shortcoming. Bob

I bought my GS through private sale. I called BMW her in Australia and they sent me a form for change of ownership. Perhaps dealers also have these forms or they can perhaps change the information for you at the sales desk.

Archived