IGNORED

Laminar Lip

dshogman

Has anyone tried and/or uses this product? My dealer says its a more reasonable alternative to a taller windscreen. I would be interested in any of your thoughts and opinions.

Thanks.

Dshogman,

Follow this thread (there is a photo of my R12RT in there on the 3rd or 4th screen with the Laminar Lip installed. I bought the first one and that is also my bike in the picture on their website.)

I have one on my R12RT and it has performed very nicely. I am 6'2 with 34" inseam. There is still some wind noise (more a function of my helmet) but the MISERABLE buffetting I experienced before I put this on is gone. Going down the highway at 80 mph I can reach around me and feel the edges of the air pocket I am riding in (kinda cool). The airflow is NOT turbulent. When the screen is in the low position the air blast hits me in the face but is not turbulent.

Disclosure: Laminar Lip gave me $10 off in exchange for the use of the photo of my bike since I was the first to order. (I would have bought it anyway--the turbulence was ruining my fun).

I've got one on my R1100RT and love it. On the open road, I will spend most of my ride with helmet's face shield in the 'up' position. Nice breeze on my face, and the scenary is so much nicer when not looking through a bug splattered face sheild. thumbsup.gif

Not a direct answer for your R1200RT, but Tasker had one on his (RIP) R1200GS and loved it.

Yes, I did love the LIP, and I'll buy another, if it becomes necessary.

As Ken stated, mine was on a 2005 GS, and it worked miracles for me and my buffeting/noise issues.

Good luck!

I have a different bike and a different screen -- 2002 R1150R with Touring Screen.

I tried one, but did not notice any difference in the turbulence around my head. The lip did make the bike more vulnerable to the wind from truck "wash", however, which I did not like. So, I no longer use it.

Moreover, I sent them an e-mail inquiring about this, and they never responded.

I added one to my r100gspd this year, and it had almost no affect!

YMMV

sdc

I have a different bike and a different screen -- 2002 R1150R with Touring Screen.

I tried one, but did not notice any difference in the turbulence around my head. The lip did make the bike more vulnerable to the wind from truck "wash", however, which I did not like. So, I no longer use it.

Moreover, I sent them an e-mail inquiring about this, and they never responded.

For those Interested:

Hello Shawn,

Thank you for your interest in the Laminar LIP. A LIP for the R1200ST is available now. Unfortunately, we don't have a photo of it. Order online, or call to order.

Safe and pleasant rides,

Leo

I've got one on my R1100RT and love it. On the open road, I will spend most of my ride with helmet's face shield in the 'up' position. Nice breeze on my face, and the scenary is so much nicer when not looking through a bug splattered face sheild. thumbsup.gif

Yeah, I was doin' that too until targeted by an EXTREMELY accurate dollop of bird poo that came in at a high angle over the screen. tongue.gif

Nothing like sharing the inside of your helmet with what until recently was inside a warm little insectivore.

I keep the face shield down now...

I just ordered one. I was thinking about the cee-baileys windscreen, but for the $$ I chose to try this. I will post my thoughts once I get it...

I just ordered one. I was thinking about the cee-baileys windscreen, but for the $$ I chose to try this. I will post my thoughts once I get it...

Awsome dude thanks!!! Can you get some pictures too? smile.gif

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awsome dude thanks!!! Can you get some pictures too?

Absoulty! clap.gif

Archived