IGNORED

Google Maps adds bicycle routes

onmyrt

Google Maps just keeps getting better and better. :thumbsup:

When you're in Google Maps, click "MORE", then check "Bicycling" and it will display bicycling paths/lanes in your area.

It's pretty neat, but you can tell that it's still in the beginning stages as a lot of bike routes are missing.

It seems to only show bike "lanes" or "paths", not bike safe routes that you can see signed throughout cities.

You can also do bicycling directions (same area you would select walking/public transit directions).

What will they think of next. :grin:

Dave McReynolds

It seems to only show bike "lanes" or "paths", not bike safe routes that you can see signed throughout cities.

Thanks for showing this! I have asked in several of the local bike stores for a map of all the Sacramento area bike trails, and there doesn't seem to be one. I was hoping the Google bike map of Sacramento did only show the trails, and not the bike lanes, but in Sacramento it seems to show some of both. It certainly doesn't show all the bike lanes there are in Sacramento, which are changing all the time anyway, but it does show many of them, along with the trails.

Generally when I ride for recreation, I like to ride on the bike paths that are not part of a road used by automobiles, and occasionally while driving around, I'll stumble across one and make a mental note to ride on it sometime. The mental note usually gets lost in the clutter.

Google Maps just keeps getting better and better. :thumbsup: What will they think of next. :grin:

Kayaking! In Get Directions, enter A: Honolulu, B: San Francisco (or any mainland destination). #15 Kayak across the Pacific Ocean- 2,756 miles. #16 Slight left at N Northlake Way (Seattle)- .2 miles.

Google Maps just keeps getting better and better. :thumbsup: What will they think of next. :grin:

Kayaking! In Get Directions, enter A: Honolulu, B: San Francisco (or any mainland destination). #15 Kayak across the Pacific Ocean- 2,756 miles. #16 Slight left at N Northlake Way (Seattle)- .2 miles.

How about a route where most other drivers aren't.

Nice.

Have you googled your own address yet? click on the picture that comes up.

Google your childhood address... and your relative's. interesting....

Archived