IGNORED

short inseam

MikesToy

I can't be the only one who is height challenged blush.gif I have a 29" inseam and am having a hard time finding rideing pants..both vented and non vented. I must have 4 or 5 inches of pants hanging over my boots confused.gif any advice?

ShovelStrokeEd

Tailor?

Go with custom stuff from Vanson if you want leather or Aerostitch if you like textile. Either can make to your spec and the armour will come out in the right places.

Well Mike, I'm MUCH taller than you, (my inseam is 29-1/2")...Same problem......I have a good tailor lady who can shorten anything with zipper adjustments and all but problem is that the armor usually doesn't fit right..Ends up below the knees even with the velcro variety of adjustments....

BMW has an amazing variety of sizes in their clothing..They could fit anybody from Mickey Rooney to Sidney Greenstreet (Oh-oh,,,gave my age away)....I'm seriously looking at the Savanna 2 stuff...I'm 5'7" (OK 5'5" or so) and I think I can get pants and jacket that fit...I tried on a jacket in Euro size 52 and it fit very well...Get a BMW clothing catalogue from a dealer and take a look....

Good luck...

Phil...........Redbrick

BMW offers short sizes in many of their motorcycle suit offerings. Most dealers don’t stock the short sizes but will order your size preference with no obligation to buy. BMW makes good stuff and they price it accordingly.

I have the same problem.

My answer was Aerostich. Tell them you are "short waisted" and give them the measurements. make sure you also give a measurement from your foot to your knee and your knee to your crotch. Makes a difference where the knee pads go.

Check with Motorcycle Closeouts. I have bought several midget length items from him for myself. Usually carries several brands of clothing in most sizes. Good luck.

I'm much wink.gif taller than you (30" inseam) and just bought First Gear HT overpants in regular length which are good with knees bent sitting on the bike. They do come in a short length for the vertically challenged, as do some of their other pants.

Mike, Also try Olympia Moto Sports I have the Ranger II pants, thay have velcrow at the bottom that fit tight aroud my boots! That way you dont have to walk on your paints no more!!! grin.gif Not that all 5'3 3/4s 29" inseam would know! wink.gif I like that the velcrow keeps out the wind and rain. If its hot I still keep bottom closed and unzip the sides a little. thumbsup.gif Also Olympia riding gear has vary good armor! clap.gif

Dave McReynolds

I have a pretty good tailor, and he has moved thing around for me, such as knee pads that are too low even in the highest position.

One thing to consider is that you are not tailoring for looks so much as for a potential crash, and your tailor might not think of that. So it would be good to have a discussion with him of what kind of thread he is planning to use, or maybe even go to a fabric store and buy some strong upholstery thread or some such and give it to him to use.

Good point Dave about type of thread to use in alterations to riding gear........She used heavy nylon or something like it......But I hadn't thought to discuss it with her..

Phil..........Redbrick

Archived