IGNORED

Touring Leathers

Redbrick

Seeking info on leathers that are suitable for touring and recommended manufacturers in the So Cal area......Looking at Z Custom in Huntington Beach but seems like the styles are aimed more at the racing crowd.....Any guidance appreciated.......

Phil...........Redbrick

ShovelStrokeEd

Vanson in Mass. has a fine selection of two piece suits. You should be able to find what you need. Others are Fieldshear and Kushitani to mention maybe both ends of the price spectrum. Don't rule out BMW, their new stuff has water and heat resistant treatments and might make just about the ideal touring leathers.

Also look at aerostitch. I know two people personally that swear by their stuff and I'm going to take a hard look at them next year for new gear myself.

Paul Mihalka

Check out Harley Davidson FXRG line of leathers. Definitely not Ricky Racer style, but not what you expect from HD (no fringes smirk.gif) Leather is a kind that does not absorb and hold water, and they come with a removable Goretex-like liner. Pricey but the best touring leathers I have seen. The Harley writing on it is small and almost invisible smirk.gif. Yep, I work at a HD/BMW dealer. I use these leathers.

Archived