IGNORED

connecting Autocom to rear outlet

neil_wilcox

I would like to connect my Autocom Pro M1 directly to the unused wiring harness (by splicing in) to the rear accessory plug. I contacted Autocomm and they advised purchasing part number 158, which is a harness containing a relay which connects to the tail light and grounds directly to the battery, if I understand correctly. Would this not upset the CANbus on the R12RT? I would be curious to hear from anyone who has connected as I suggest, to know if the power is "clean" and free from interference. Thanks. Neil

Independent of where you get the positive, I'd sure recommend connecting the ground DIRECTLY to the negative terminal of the battery. This eliminates a lot of potential problems.

I have fitted part 158 and it works fine. I also power my Garmin from it.

Connects directly to battery terminal and one feed from the pos feed at the rear aux socket. Nice clean sound and powers on and off with the ignition.

It won't interfere with the CAN-BUS, the rear accessory socket load is not monitored.

For cleanest power though, use the part 158 and then trigger it off the rear accessory outlet if you want. I wouldn't use the tail light circuit on a CAN-BUS bike because it is monitored.

Archived