IGNORED

street pilot iii and using routes when you miss a waypoint

ClearwaterBMW

ClearwaterBMW

on my bmw nav i (garmin street pilot iii)

i was on a 35 waypoint route the other day

i missed 1 waypoint.... then the route shutdown and there was NOTHING THAT I COULD DO to make the route continue FROM THAT POINT.

anyone know how this is done?

since then i have downloaded the latest software...

that uses 100 "vias" instead of the previous 20.... which was more than the 35 i asked it to follow on THAT particular day

anyone have this happen before?

does the 2610 ALSO do that?

just wondering what happens if you miss one waypoint and get back on the route again..... WITHOUT touching that missed waypoint...

can it "start again from that point?"

thanks in advance

greg

I have found that if I miss a waypoint, my system will tell me to turn around or take an alternate back to the waypoint but after a small distance of continuing on the regular route, it will re-sync and take me to the next waypoint. All I need to do is NOT hit the "recalc" button. It is possible to mess the system up if you are on a figure 8 route or any route that has it route segments crossing each other and it can get confused and assume you are on the wrong segment of the route.

Greg,

Hit "route" and then "recaculate." That should recalc from wherever you are, to the next waypoint (not the one you missed). If you want to get back to the one you missed, you need to go to "find" "waypoints" and then plug that one in. Once you get there, you can hit the "route" function and select the one you're on. It should pick up the fact that you're on it and calculate from your current waypoint.

ClearwaterBMW

i appreciate everyone's help. before i downloaded the new software, i tried the recalc but it kept recalculating to the missed waypoint. it would continue to show me the highlighted route that i could follow to its conclusion, but it wouldn't give guidance until i went back and "tagged" the missed waypoint, for whatever reason

greg

Archived