IGNORED

Anybody have a source for specialty nuts

beamergirl

or bolts?

Twas looking at bike and got to thinking, if the bolts that hold on the sidecase rails could be taken out and replaced with a bolt that had a "snap head", I could modify back pack to snap on which would make for quick release. Could also use a bolt like that in other areas too (tractor,truck,atv,cubboards... this list could really grow).

Has anybody seen a nut/bolt like this and have the source to pass on to me?

Jerry Johnston

Aren't the side rail bolts covered up when the rear seat is in place? You could use a short strap (2"?) and drill a hole to put the bolt through, then a snap on the other end.

You can by a snap kit at Harbor Frieght. I have canvas loops attached to the side rail bolts that I use for bungy straps.

Look for a Fastenal in the phone book. They should have everything you're looking for. I'm very fortunate to have an ACE hardware close by that has just about every metric fastener I could want...and in stainless if I've got to have it!

Do a search under fasteners. There are plenty of suppliers local to you that will have what you need.

these

Only not a self tapping screw, a bolt onto which you would snap something to the head of it. Your tonneau covers snap onto a rail frame, those snaps, only not rivet kind. Looking for the snap head (male) on the end of a threaded rod, thus making a bolt onto which the button snap part would snap. Does that help?

If its not out there, and it probably is, where would one go to have such a thing made up?

Archived