IGNORED

Marsee 15 L teardrop tank bag

Kbro

I just purchased this bag for my 1150RT. Does anyone else use this particular tank bag? I'm soliciting opinions on the best mounting position for the quick release straps. Also, I have the factory radio control on the handlebar. will it interfere with the installed tank bag?

I have the 25 L version. Someone suggested putting grommets on two front straps and using the screws to secure those to the two mounting holes on the front of the fuel cell.

I have the front strap under the headpiece instead (be careful to run it to avoid interference with steering and with cables and brake lines. I ran the rear strap under the frame tubes either side of the air cleaner housing. It's a tight fit, but very secure.

I have found it convenient to have the option of removing the rear clips and sliding the bag to the side instead of lifting it to fuel. Using the fuel cell screws would probably not allow this.

I have the 25 L version. Someone suggested putting grommets on two front straps and using the screws to secure those to the two mounting holes on the front of the fuel cell.

I have the front strap under the headpiece instead (be careful to run it to avoid interference with steering and with cables and brake lines. I ran the rear strap under the frame tubes either side of the air cleaner housing. It's a tight fit, but very secure.

I have found it convenient to have the option of removing the rear clips and sliding the bag to the side instead of lifting it to fuel. Using the fuel cell screws would probably not allow this.

Thanks...I ended up using the same set up as you have.

Archived