IGNORED

Cruise control bits

Uggles

I'm thinking about fitting the MCCruise control to my 1150 RT but want to try and integrate the switchgear from the R12RT. A&S don't have a parts list and my dealer can't find it either. Can anyone out there suggest where I may be able to go? Without being too rude of course! eek.gif

I think the cruise switch setup is the same one BMW uses on the K1200RS, K1200GT etc.

You should be able to source one as the K bikes have been around for a while.

Cruise control is sure a great feature on those long straight roads... enjoy

Mark,

A couple of points (and there are probably 100's more):

*The CC requires an electronic speedo drive.

*I notice a double throttle cable out the R1200RT, presume that's where the CC pulls the throttle open? So it's all the "gear" from RH side as well?

*Not sure where the cut off to the CC is from the brakes but it must be at a common point - brake lamp circuit?

All that said I would love to have CC on my RT especially as it cruises easily all day in 5th (top) gear so let us know if your investigations bear fruit, I would be prepared to spend a fair amount anyway.

There was a discussion about this in this thread awhile back - R1150RT Cruise Thread. The left-hand switch gear from the KGT with cruise is a direct replacement. Also that thread has a picture of the right hand throttle twist where one could connect a pull cable for cruise. The KGT push cable is also a direct fit into the right side. That cable might be made to match up to and aftermarket cruise unit.

I was working on the whole idea, but then I wrecked the RT before I got it finished.

Thanks Ken. I've received a Preliminary (not quite finished) install manual from MCCruise for the 1150RT if anyone is interested and Shawn, it doesn't look to be too far away before yours may be available. thumbsup.gif

Archived