IGNORED

New Tires, and the Satisfaction of Doing It Myself

Aluminum_Butt

More than anything this post is a huge THANK YOU to all the folks on this board who've posted information on changing tires and/or directly answered my questions on everything from techniques to torque values. This board rocks! clap.gif

My GT is sitting on a new set of Z6's. I got the satisfaction of doing it myself, saved $150 (well zero this time given investments in tools), and didn't get tied up at the dealer for 2-3 days. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

There's something about being empowered, it's so stinkin' satisfying. I got a few thousand miles left on my Z6's but for now I'm still stuck relying on and paying the local shop.

More than anything this post is a huge THANK YOU to all the folks on this board who've posted information on changing tires and/or directly answered my questions on everything from techniques to torque values. This board rocks!

Good stuff! This is what motorcycling is all about. When I was in my late teens/ early 20s (the '60s) I HAD to do all the mechanical work on my bikes and cars. Couldn't afford to have it done.

In the process I got pretty good at doing all the mechancal stuff (everything from complete motor/gearbox/differential overhauls to painting). Since then I have almost never had a mechanic do anything on whatever I owned.

It is a great feeling to know that one can fix anything on the bike or car, and not only that, do it better than most mechanics can, since you are not under the time pressure they are.

Congrats!!

Bob.

Archived