IGNORED

Taller wind screens for my 04 1150rt got me screaming

jjsrt

I have replaced my beloved 2000 1100rt with the gorgeeeooooosooo 04 1150rt.( silky black of course) The dealer told me my BMW "taller" touring wind screen would fit it. It does; however I feel as though I am a bit higher on this newer RT. Yes, I know the newer RT has the comfort seat and it is a little thicker. On the 1100rt I was in the very top seat position, on this new one I'm in the lowest position and the shield still is low. I am about 6'5". Any suggestions for taller units that people are currently using? {besides cutting my head off and mounting it on the fender!} $$$?? I saw an AIR FLOW the other day at TWO WHEELED TUESDAY, Culvers in Brookfield,Wisconsin but I didn't have anything to measure with and the rider wasn't around to talk to! Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Blue Beemer Dude

I too have a Cee Bailey's w/s, but I had to guess at which size to get when I bought it. As it turns out, I guessed wisely, and I'm pretty happy with it.

As for why you have all of a sudden gotten taller, could it be that the 1150 has a bit more rake to the fairing than the 1100? Or maybe when the screen is up, it's not quite as up as the older bike?

I ain't got a clue. There was a several year gap between my 1100 and 1150. Maybe you can find some local guys with aftermarket w/s that you can swap for a little bit to try out.

Disclaimer: my c.b. screen has a minor optical distortion and the holes didn't line up (I had to drill one larger) so I'm not 100% thrilled with it. But it is a lot cheaper than the airflow.

Michael

I have the Cee Bailey +1 wide +4 tall and it is great. I can hear my radio at highway speeds and it protects my rider well when 2 up. I have not figured out how to post pics here yet but PM me and I will send you a photo of my bike with the new screen so you can see.

I've been looking for a larger screen for mine as well. I'm 6'2 and plan to tour with my wife (who'll be carrying our little dog smirk.gif in her lap) back and forth to Ohio on numerous weekends. I like the idea of having a screen that lets us listen to the radio at speed as well as creating a nice bubble. Plus 1"w and 4"h sounds like the way to go.

Are you sure your new bike has a stock screen? And have you tried riding with the seat in the top position and adjusting the screen through it's full range of motion?

Michael is right, try all scenarios first. I'm just 6' and ride with my seat in middle position. I bought a Cee Bailey's #2/3.5 inch, any shorter and I'd been unhappy.

At 6'4" I bought the Cee Bailey's +2"W +5 1/2"H #2 Euro cut for the 99RT. Rode 1500 miles in 2 days and only put my face shield down in the morning when it was cold. Had the windshield just slightly raised. The Euro cut is great! thumbsup.gif

STL RT Rider

I have a +4 wide and +3 tall AeroFlow and love it. I'm 6'2", but the flip at the top of the screen allows me to run the air over my helmet after raising it only about 2" from the lowest position.

thanks chopper I just ordered the same one after talking with Cee Bailey on Friday. It looks like just what I need. Thanks to all for your opinions. See ya on the road Jeff

Archived